• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Quoted Price for Centrforce clutch

Hey guys,

I've been quoted about $1500 for a clutch replacement including TOB and flywheel. I know its •••• ton of labor but I wanted to ask if this is a decent price. I'm thinking its on the high end, but I know CF clutches are pretty nice.

that's high but not sure what that clutch costs.... I charge $680 for an luk and labor on a clutch swap

The clutch costs about half of that, ($700) im guessing thats not including a clutchslave, which would be wise... Whats your reasoning for going Centerforce?

The clutch costs about half of that, ($700) im guessing thats not including a clutchslave, which would be wise... Whats your reasoning for going Centerforce?
Actually I plan on going full bolt on, with headers, y-pipe, exhaust, tune, etc. Driving habits are aggressive but no track. I'm at 170K and she purrs, but if it ever failed on me I'd go 3L...followed by some track use. With that in mind I told my mechanic I'll go with a Sachs clutch instead. Worry about the HD clutch if or when I go 3L and hit the track. So I think I have a decent price now. He's doing the clutch, tob, pressure plate, etc & the power steering pump for $1350.

If the clutch kit is $700 as mentioned then I think the price is right on.

I recall hearing that a clutch replacement was a 9 hour job by the book. Lets say $90 an hour for labor, that is $810. Add the clutch into that and its $1510 ...

If the clutch kit is $700 as mentioned then I think the price is right on.

I recall hearing that a clutch replacement was a 9 hour job by the book. Lets say $90 an hour for labor, that is $810. Add the clutch into that and its $1510 ...
Thanx for the info Brapple!

If you can find a local member willing to help with the swap that would be best. I have seen a clutch swapped in about 4 hours before.

Yup, pulling the trans out the wheel well the clutch can be swapped in right around 4 hours. That's how I did it the second time when my SPEC clutch failed me.

Back