• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Subframe Connector interest check

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
its been quite a while since we last made these so im looking to see if all the new guys and people who never got one would be interested. this mod will make a dramatic difference in yours stiffness. it will increase handling and help with all the creaking from the old floppy chassis. i just jacked up my csvt to measure it and jacked it from just one point on the sfc and the whole side of the car lifted up together.
it also gives you lots of room to jack the car up from. you dont have to deal with removing the jacking pads or pushing the floor jack way under the car. the closest point on the SFC sits just inches past the side skirt. these are a simple to install part though they need to be welded on the car on a drive on lift.

we made them before for $150 shipped and sold them like crazy. that was years ago. id have to check on pricing and shipping costs and of course things are based on quantities of scale. before we sold 50 sets at a time in order to get that pricing. with the waning in popularity of these cars i dont think we'll get that many people on board again but we'll see.

post up if you'd be interested. id say realistically between $175 to $200 shipped these days.

if you dont know what these are, theyre steel bars that are made to weld onto the bottom of the car. they tie in the front and rear of the car dramatically increasing the stiffness of the chassis. nothing else does this short of a cage.

we've sold probably 150 of them to CEGers over the years. so many many people have them and can attest to improvement they make. its not a "maybe" or just a "little" improvement. its pretty big.

1. captastic
2. LBizBoy
3. GitRDone
4. SSThis03
5. Guillengello
6. tigerpwr
7. DanMyers
8. Svtfixer
9. naujcdl
10. mdgeist23
11. fafois68
12. Redeemer
13. ZeroHour
14. ZeroHour
15. Cougarsman
16. Seafire XV
17. Freedom Fighter
18. Ramon99svt
19. SilntAlrm
20. CSVT_0611

These are awesome. I have them on my 2000 SF SVT, and the chasis stiffness is greatly improved. I'd say the effect is greater than the RSTB as far as handling improvement.

I'm down for a set...

In case anyone is wondering what they look like.

And yes, mine are still sitting in the garage, not installed on the car yet :(

id probably need about 20 people at least to make it happen. that or the cost will be even more. we get much better rates on the steel the more we order

In case anyone is wondering what they look like.

And yes, mine are still sitting in the garage, not installed on the car yet :(

thanks for the pic.

Add me to list but i have to know at least a price from like the last GB to commit. I have to figure out costs to install and shipping as I have seen these at Dave's house and they are not short.

Ah, dave, wanna sell yersss? ROFL

Add me to list but i have to know at least a price from like the last GB to commit. I have to figure out costs to install and shipping as I have seen these at Dave's house and they are not short.

Ah, dave, wanna sell yersss? ROFL

they will be $200 or less including shipping within the US48. its hard to get the price lower when the run will be so small.

Back