• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC Dilema...

toolbox

CEG'er
Hey guys,
Got another question... The cable on my IMRC on my '98 SVT snapped, and as far as I can tell there's no easy way to fix it. Even if I could fab a new cable, the work of getting it the right length seems like it really wouldn't be worth it...

I tried searching ebay, and the only guy selling one is in Poland and has mixed feedback. Cost would be about $140 shipped. And it would probably take a month to get here.

Can't seem to find any other replacements for sale anywhere...which is very frustrating lol. Does anyone know of any interchange on these things? Or even a source for a new one? I'm guessing Ford doesn't support these cars anymore, so even getting one from a dealer is probably not going to happen, correct? Are there any other options, or are we all just SOL when these things die?

Really wishing it was just the transistor lol. Anyway, I guess in a worst case scenario I could just put the car back together without it...it was running fine with the cable broken, though it couldn't live up to its full potential...
Thoughts?
Thanks!

98+ Contour, Mystique, Cougar equipped with a V6 Duratec

Ford Taurus V6 Duratec was also equipped with an IMRC as well. The cable is a shorter version and you would have to swap a model specific one. This is harder because you don't have a cable to begin with.

98+ Contour, Mystique, Cougar equipped with a V6 Duratec

Ford Taurus V6 Duratec was also equipped with an IMRC as well. The cable is a shorter version and you would have to swap a model specific one. This is harder because you don't have a cable to begin with.

Yea, that's it...I actually fixed the box...if I had a cable I could swap in, I'd be good to go...

You can't get the cable and IMRC from a junkyard ?

Mad Dog

Not around here unfortunately...there's only 6000 people in the town I live in, and the only junkyard doesnt have anything... I guess I could start calling the big ones in Spokane...Id bet they would have something. Bad part is thats about an 8 hour round trip. Beats never driving my car again I guess lol.

Your in WA? I can get one from a JY here in Seattle.

Montana actually...just across from the Idaho border. I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Spaldings over in Spokane...the guy didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about lol. Another forum member may have one though, so I may be ok...

Back