• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Radiator Fan dead

intravino

CEG'er
Hey Guys,

My fan is dead, I plugged my own obd2 scanner (that I sell) and I was monitoring the temp and it went more the 100 c. Normally the fan kicks in at 100 c.

Where do I start for this problem ?

Thanks for your time,

Intravino

96 Zetec, MTX, original fan.

I checked the relays and the 60 amp fuse, everything is good.

My wiring looks bad to the motor. Where can I get a replacement wiring?

Thanks,

Hey Guys,

My fan is dead, I plugged my own obd2 scanner (that I sell) and I was monitoring the temp and it went more the 100 c. Normally the fan kicks in at 100 c.

Where do I start for this problem ?

Thanks for your time,

Intravino

96 Zetec, MTX, original fan.

Hey Intravino; i've had this kind of trouble recently and the guys helped me out .... so this might be the same as i had.

First of all, does your fan work if you apply 12v directly to the plug connections on the plastic fan shroud ? .... g.

Sure it's not a bit higher temp than that? They usually go slightly OVER 100 to boil the water out of the oil.

Sure it's not a bit higher temp than that? They usually go slightly OVER 100 to boil the water out of the oil.

Yes, my car fan turns on at 100 C. I plugged and checked several times my obd2 scanners to test the scantool itself.

Quick question Guys:

Where is the ground connection for the cooling fan?

Thanks,

Intravino

front body grounds are on the left and right frame just behind radiator mount header panel. Example under battery/fuse box area and just abvove AC compressor by washer bottle.

Thanks for Help Dennyb,

I jumped the fan and it works when directly plugged on the battery. I think it's wiring.

Thanks,

Intravino

Holla @ SVTTOUR for that wire harness. Me thunks its called the fan harness. I just ordered one from him saturday but he holds a lot of harnesses down

Back