• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No Power after engine and trans pull....HELP

DeMo

New CEG'er
I removed the engine and trans to do several repairs and now that everything is back together I have no power at all. Does anyone know which wire is suppose to be connected to the sides of the positive and negative terminals? I believe that may be where my problem is. I have checked every other connection, and could not find anything unhooked. Any suggestions???

Well if the positive and negative were reversed it would not start.

Lets start with the basics. Tell us why you had the powertrain out and what you repaired. Our crystal balls are all broken, so we have to get more info.

Powertrain was out to change clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, headers, oil pan, valve covers, radiator, and rack. The cables are not reversed, and battery tested 509 of 590 CCA. I have checked all connections and grounds. Is that enough information to get your crystal ball working.

I agree, what power do you not have? Is the battery not charging? Is the car not starting? Is it not getting fuel and isn't starting?

Back