• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moving back the drivers seat help

CA SVT Driver

CEG'er
I have enjoyed my 2000CSVT since new, but one of the few complaints I have is that the power driver's seat does not go back far enough. It needs a couple more inches to improve pedal operation and knee-to-steering wheel clearance.
Does anyone have ideas or solutions to make this happen?

I am getting older and shrinking, but not fast enough........

Thanks,

Rich

I have enjoyed my 2000CSVT since new, but one of the few complaints I have is that the power driver's seat does not go back far enough. It needs a couple more inches to improve pedal operation and knee-to-steering wheel clearance.
Does anyone have ideas or solutions to make this happen?

I am getting older and shrinking, but not fast enough........

Thanks,

Rich

How tall are you? I would guess a 6'3" person (or bigger) would be cramped.

I would advise against moving your seat from its original mounting locations. NHTSA and FMVSS has standards that vehicle manufactures / modification company are required to pass. I am only saying this for your safety.

Now with that said you could build a frame that uses your current mounting holes allowing you to mount further back. Another option is to reinforce the area you want to mount the seat as the floor pan is extremely thin.

Also remember this changes how the driver will interact with the seat belt and or air bag.

Mobility vans modify seat mounting and seat belt mounting locations.

Back