• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Head Compatibility

Danef150

CEG'er
Hello, I purchased an 03 Escape motor probably 6 or more years ago with the intent of a 3.0 build. Well life happened and i never got around to it. My original engine died on me about 4 yrs ago and the car has been sitting ever since. I recently decided to get the car going again. I had the heads off the 03 ported and polished by Kinger and want to use them on a new motor. Could these heads go on any 3.0 01-04 without problems or do I need to be careful with my engine selection? Thanks.

Jameson

As long as both motors are 3.0 DOHC it'll be fine. Those engines only had minor changes throughout those years but nothing that will mess you up. Let us know how it goes!

Incorrect. There is changes between blocks. Headgasket choice us important. Best to stick to same years. 01 - 03 04-05 06-07

Now if you had a newer block putting putting an older head, i would use that.

I ended up purchasing an 03 Taurus motor with 29k on it. I didn't use the escape block because I opened it up to take the heads off then left it open outside for 3 years at which point I decided I wouldn't risk a build off of it and had it scrapped. Thanks for all the info. I pretty much decided to do as beans said due to my fear of changing head gaskets / coolant passageways.

Jameson

Back