• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Extremely Low Mileage 2.5 SE wreck Found

Hey CGers,

I was scavenging a Parts Galore(8 mile) looking for a main vacuum line cause mine had a small crack in it. This was yesterday. Stumbled upon a SE in great condition with about 67K on it. My most immediate need (and with the limited tools I had) was headlights. I took the oil cap off to check out the valve train & it looked pristine. Looks like a dealership had just spruced it up & it got wrecked. The body isn't in great shape though, interior & engine seems top notch.

Check out the headlights
yruqy9a4.jpg

This is what I was coming from...
haremamy.jpg

All for $50

Detroit3series; did you notice what interior it had in it /condition thanks ...G.

oh well .. not what i'm looking for

thanks, appreciate the quick reply ......G

Thanx. Was thinking about grabbing the engine. But I heard SVTs had a forged crank & a few internal upgrades the SE didn't get.

Just to clarify;

as BAD SVT said, the bottom of the engine is the same ... but SVT's have cam's , extrude honed heads and UIM with a larger LIM. I believe the 98.5 onward has a compression bump via piston change (with this you need to run higher octane fuel to avoid pre-ignition). Flywheel is 2lb lighter, injectors are 19lb and TB is bigger, The 2001 SVT engines have the extra oil drain in the head.

A good engine is a good engine and if it's cheap enough, you can add most of those parts while it's on the floor and stay in reasonable budget ..... done it myself ....G.

Just to clarify;

as BAD SVT said, the bottom of the engine is the same ... but SVT's have cam's , extrude honed heads and UIM with a larger LIM. I believe the 98.5 onward has a compression bump via piston change (with this you need to run higher octane fuel to avoid pre-ignition). Flywheel is 2lb lighter, injectors are 19lb and TB is bigger, The 2001 SVT engines have the extra oil drain in the head.

A good engine is a good engine and if it's cheap enough, you can add most of those parts while it's on the floor and stay in reasonable budget ..... done it myself ....G.

Thx for the clarification g. I was sleepy when i wrote that. Didn't really feel like expounding. So yeah, what he said. Except for the "2001 svt" part...;)

... i believe you guys over there got the 2001 SVT engines in the ST200 (C2 Zn) cougars ....G.

Back