• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mirko Splitter GB interest check

svt4stv

Hard-core CEG'er
ok so ive had a few people hit me up about doing a GB for the splitters again.

last year we barely had enough people to make it happen and some even dropped out of the race before the finish. so we'll see if we can actually get enough to make it happen this year.

we need at least 10 people to be willing to commit to make it happen. right now this is just an interest check. if/when the actual GB happens, nothing happens till 10 people have paid a deposit.

keep in mind, once all ten deposits have been collected, the order will then be placed. ED has stretched out their build times by quite a bit to focus more on quality. it could take up to 3 months at least before they'd be in our hands. these are made to order and are made in bigdong province in china so it takes quite a bit of time before they are in our hands. you have to understand and accept this going in. some people actually sell their cars before the splitters arrive lol.

here's the link to the old GB thread from last year. same pricing structure as then.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?78709-Mirko-Duraflex-Group-Buy-2013!&highlight=

if you would like to rock a splitter before the end of summer we do still have some in stock. for sure we have some blems left and a couple of carbon fiber versions. not sure if we have any of the actual, final production versions left. i dont think so... these are available at regular retail price which is listed in the link above. please dont ask "how much for ......" or if you can get the $50 discount. the discount is only for the GB and you have to wait. there is no discount for the blem version.

i will sell the CF versions for the GB price just to get rid of them. i dont think we'll ever make those again as they are $$ and only a few people bought them.

1. rexxdoggy
2. thomaslaprade
3. squeek
4. JKYoder
5. MNWinter
6. joevote2287
7. ssthis03
8. midnightsvt
9. mdgeist23
10. GetU1

I'm very interested but honestly probably won't be able to do anything for a few months. Too many other things on the car that need fixing.

I'm very interested but honestly probably won't be able to do anything for a few months. Too many other things on the car that need fixing.

well you'd only need to put 50% down with the rest due when they get here. these dont come around often.

[uppercase]im down[/uppercase]

^^ Since we can't type in call caps, that's my enthusiasm

lol

The group buy would be for the Duraflex version only.
i said i would sell the CF ones we have in stock right now for GB pricing. basically like a clearance sale.
that does not affect the proposed GB at all. we'd still need ten duraflex buyers to make the GB happen. the CF buyers do not count towards that number.

we have CF in stock right now. i think we have maybe 3 left. we need to do minimums of 5 of them at a time (to make more) and there just isnt the interest for them like there is the for the DF version. its more $$ and a bit harder to install. and a bit more fragile. even though CF is stronger it does not flex really. but they do look ••••ing fantastic without ANY prep work whatsoever.

if you want a CF one, get one NOW while they last. they may BE the last. and ill sell what we have in stock for GB pricing. so you dont even have to wait.

please post up if youre interested in a CF or a Duraflex version. im only going to add names to the list if you want duraflex since that is the one we need 10 people for.

So it's $300 for the DF and $100 plus for shipping so $400 correct?

correct. would just need $150 deposit. the shipping $ isnt due till youre ready to have it shipped. some guys paid the balance when the splitters arrived and then paid to have it shipped a few weeks later.

everything is broken down in the GB thread link i posted. everything will be the same

Somehow i missed this thread. Coincidentally, i was just on the hunt for a duraflex splitter. But i picked up a new perfect version for slightly cheaper, so it's all good. Carry on steve. Thx for making this available to the community.

Back