• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Same sh!!t different day

Cheif Steele

CEG'er
Ugh.... So back to the drawing board on my Contour... I thought I had it licked took it on its first long road trip STL to Little Rock was running great till I hit the Mo Ark boarder... Came of the interstate and stopped using CC for a few miles and she stuttered and died. Then acted like it didn't want to start, when it finally did it acted like it had a or bubble in the fuel line. Once i got it running and down the road a little it ran good again but started the hit a bump and die like it was before. Got to Little Rock and had to deal with it doing the random bump and die. Drove home with no CC and no issues except with the occasional bump and die. Highway time was good to go even getting around 320 miles on a tank. But still bummed out on the bump and die. :nonono:

So.... it seems that after moving wires and cleaning up grounds, the car has ran excellent no issues what so ever! I am really excited big test tomorrow driving to KC so we shall see.

i had a battery that was at the end of its life. and it would corrode the terminals about every 3 months which would cause it to stutter and die at that time. kept cleaning them, until a bought a new battery and that fixed it all together

I have no clue but again its been a week and no issues at all so maybe cleaning and separation the wires had something to do with it.

Back