• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a starter in MSP, today.

Kresnik

CEG'er
If anyone has a working and reasonably priced starter for my 2000 SVT let me know straight away - I need to pick it up asap though. Currently with out transportation and unable to work, so it's kind of an emergency. :)

Pop start it down a hill? I don't know how many times I have done this with my car, probably in the double digits due to dead batteries. :laugh:

Don't have any starters laying around sorry.

Pop start it down a hill? I don't know how many times I have done this with my car, probably in the double digits due to dead batteries. :laugh:

Don't have any starters laying around sorry.

Did that a couple of times, but now she's stuck at the bottom of a small hill and we're unable to push her anywhere. :/

Best I could do is send one out tomorrow for you. Low miles, should be 100%. $40 shipped. Might take a few days though.

You don't need much of a push to get it to pop start, I had one person push maybe 20 feet and I could let the clutch out and it started. Pretty easy on these cars.

You could pop start it by pulling it with another car using a tow strap... Otherwise, run to Autozone or wherever and get a starter that they have in stock.

You could pop start it by pulling it with another car using a tow strap... Otherwise, run to Autozone or wherever and get a starter that they have in stock.

Problem was that I didn't have the funds for that then, though I had enough returnables to advance to make it happen the following day -- caused me to miss a day of work too, which wasn't good. The Advance on White Bear on St. Paul is nice - they're batting 1000 for every single part that I've needed, where as AZ has been batting a 0. It's kind of odd though, being from Michigan - arguably the most gear-headed-state in our little republic - I'm used to every parts store having almost everything in stock as per regular rotation - not this •••• of waiting one to three days.

=)

Problem was that I didn't have the funds for that then, though I had enough returnables to advance to make it happen the following day -- caused me to miss a day of work too, which wasn't good. The Advance on White Bear on St. Paul is nice - they're batting 1000 for every single part that I've needed, where as AZ has been batting a 0. It's kind of odd though, being from Michigan - arguably the most gear-headed-state in our little republic - I'm used to every parts store having almost everything in stock as per regular rotation - not this •••• of waiting one to three days.

=)

Did you get your SVT back on the road?

Did you get your SVT back on the road?

Yea, I sure did. I had to get a starter that day, so Advance Auto took care of me by being the only major parts retailer with one in stock. :)
I upgraded to an Optima Red-top battery earlier in the year, and of course the car started better - but wow - I'm impressed at how quickly it turns over now. But I suppose that's how it happens, the starter slowly goes down hill so that it's difficult to notice - rather than just good or bad.

Glad they had one in Stock to get you back on the road, Advance auto is normally my 1st and last stop around here!

Back