• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power steering Pump Issue

reckful

New CEG'er
ok, I have been at this for some time and it's been a cat and mouse game due to the metal placement plate that holds it together.

My power steering pump has been replaced not once but twice due to a leak that has been going on for some time. The first time I found the leak when I finally took it off and it was leaking right by the high pressure hose that directly connects to the pump at the neck.

So, I took it off and went and got a new pump (life time warranty) and replaced it. Well, every thing went well... no leaks or anything but then it happened on the second day. got in the car and heard the noise that has been hounding me for weeks. Well to make a long story short, here is a video that well explain everything. I know it might be bad but I had my son in the car turning the steering wheel but if you look closely you can see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3oE5prfUiw&feature=youtu.be

The other thing is, that part has two seals to it which were put on correctly, so I have pretty much had it and I am very frustrated to no end.

Any help would be great from people that have been through this issue before before I blow a huge gasket.

Sorry about that. I thought I changed the settings on it, it open to the public now

Could there be a plug in the line, preventing the fluid from circulating into the pump ?

Mad Dog

Hey that's what I thought too. I went out to the car and pulled the pump again and it seems that the seals around the high pressure hose are not holding. The picture with me holding the busted seal is the one that was the top seal on the screw on pressure hose.

I will upload the picture when I get on my computer

Sent from iPhone

Here are the pictures that I wasn't able to post on the phone. As you can tell if you look closely, I am not sure if there is suppose to be an O-ring around the top of the high pressure valve. There wasn't one when I took it off the first couple of time and I was able to find one but it's to big in width to get a full tight seal on it.

Any one have any ideas?

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1
reckful how did you get to that fitting? It is in an impossible location, did you have to remove the engine mount or valve cover to get to it???

Back