• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I miss my SVT

YOOOO

Veteran CEG'er
By chance I've stumbled back on this forum again. Well not by chance...I came here to see what's become of #5979

I miss my car dearly, although I doubt I'll ever own another one. Here's to hoping Ford makes a proper Fusion ST with the same spirit of the SVT Contour.

Currently I'm in a Fiesta ST. It's a great car, but it doesn't have the same emotional connection I had with my Contour. I sold it originally for a Honda S2000.

Truly there's nothing on the road left like the original SVT Contour. It was analog, original, and a true driver's car. It was the underdog we could all root for in a class dominated by the Germans while all other indications at the time made it seem the American brands were struggling to compete. Few people get it, but all of you on this forum do and understand what makes the SVT Contour special- a sweet sounding rev happy V6, intuitive and responsive handling, and understated but aggressive good looks. It doesn't appeal to the average window shopper, but for those that understand they know what a special car it is.

I hope all of you enjoy your cars until the wheels fall off. Everyday that goes without mine I feel like I'm missing something.

8075893471_0ce31907c0_b.jpg

8075893471_0ce31907c0_b.jpg
iframe>

I bought it after it was hit by a semi truck. It was parted and crushed.

I bought it after it was hit by a semi truck. It was parted and crushed.

jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

Ive driven alot of cars, faster, newer, more expensive. Still not as fun or handle as well as a SVT Contour, it's depressing. I've started to learn to accept it. I miss my Stockish 99 even though it was falling apart, and probably not as half as fast or practical as my Mazda.

Yeah, most people don't understand why I'm so anal over a 14 year old car. I bought one new back in 98 and never did forget the feeling after I sold it. The only reason I sold it was because my wife was tired of driving a straight drive. I finally bought another one 3 years ago and I don't think I'll ever sell it.

I almost sold mine to get an S2000 but decided against it. So now I daily a G6 and the SVT gets driven 1-2 times a week. Maybe 3 or 4 at most. But I do love looking at it everytike I come back home lol she just needs a break from the miles.

Well said YOOOO. I feel the same, and I'm struggling with the idea of buying back my old '96 SE from my dad to dump thousands into it to get it back where it should be. Foolish, right? Regardless, I won't consider selling my SVT because threads like this keep popping up. BTW, that was a great-looking SVT.

Great looking SVT. I just got mine on the road today. Bought end of June, clutch was out, picked it up from shop today. I wished mine looked as good as yours.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. Its the only reason I still visit this site. it SUCKS. definitely feel like something is missing. svt contour had the perfect balance. functional, fun, character. it had everything. I want one with fewer miles than mine had (160k), but I really hope to find myself in one again soon. SVT focus I have now doesnt have the same feel.

This is just a reminder that there are four types of Contour owners

1. sell and next look back
2. will never sell
3. sell and regret doing so
4. sell and then purchase another

and seemingly everyone hates them in some way at some point ....

Back