• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rescue mission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
EGPLNT is all the way down in North Carolina.

Car lost 1,2,5,R at SZ while at the virginia international raceway after my 3rd session.. I drove it 2 hours further south with only 3,4 gears pulling my 1/2 car trailer so another member could swap the trans for me and I would fly back down to pick it up later and drive it home.

Flight has been booked and I fly down Aug 22nd. There is progress!!!

Motor/trans are pulled
Flywheel resurfaced and bolted up
Replacement trans with less than 50k miles is purchased/waiting
NOS SVT clutch kit and TOB there and waiting
Flexible clutch line from firewall replaced

Sounds like it could all be back together tonight and running.

Very excited.

Car is back together but overheating, It's at my house.... Going to try and figure out the overheating problem/'s tomorrow.

That's all I'm hoping for, a safe drive home.

The car is running hot because the fans aren't turning on. Ive had this problem before but have no idea really what the shop did to get them going again.

Worst case we will run a power wire and switch to the fans so I can turn them on manually to get the car home.

Sounds like a couple little things are now taken care of. Car is running good and waiting for me to bring her home!

The car, 1/2 car, and I are home.

The replacement 50k transmission, replacement shifter assembly, and new OEM SVT clutch kit feel great!

The car and trailer didn't fare so well sitting for 3 months.......

Tree sap ruined the paint on the trailer causing it to blister and fall off. Looks like it has chicken pox :(. Needs a full re-paint of the roof at least. :cry:
Someone hit the car while it was there and dented/gouged the rear door and rear wheel well so it needs about $1k in body work and paint to fix. :nonono: :mad:
The pudmunkie heat shield wasn't in the right spot and the hood was slammed down on it causing a 'up' dent in the hood, so that's nice :nonono:.

As happy as I am to have the car home, it sucks because it's damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back