• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Starting the process of designing a new UIM / LIM

Dieschwarzung

CEG'er
FaroArm is cool.

IMAG0797..jpg

IMAG0795..jpg

Dash of Solidworks, splash of AutoCAD, should have a new design.

Next thing to FaroArm is going to be underhood space, I want to go tall, but it is rather tight underhood.

Progress on this might be slow, might be fast, How busy I am at work will dictate that.

Spending July in Phoenix AZ, so I doubt i'll make any progress.

Interesting. So I'm guessing FaroArm is some type of scanning system and software package that allows you to import files into a 3D CAD program. It looks like it only did a surface scan though, does the system have the ability to scans into the ports and give you a complete model that you can section?

I'm very interested in the ability of the system and the cost. I had seen something like this demoed to us at work a few years ago, but it was quite expensive. I believe to have just a single part scanned cost in upwards of $10k+ as you had to pay for the person to fly out, their rental car, their hotel, their food, their time, and the equipment rental.

Is this system something you own or is it something you had available to you at work/school? If you bought it where did you get it and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

You could make so really great t-shirt designs just by scanning car parts!

Interesting. So I'm guessing FaroArm is some type of scanning system and software package that allows you to import files into a 3D CAD program. It looks like it only did a surface scan though, does the system have the ability to scans into the ports and give you a complete model that you can section?

Yes, you can aim the LASER down into the ports if you wish, but I was only interested in getting the mating surfaces scanned.

I'm very interested in the ability of the system and the cost. I had seen something like this demoed to us at work a few years ago, but it was quite expensive. I believe to have just a single part scanned cost in upwards of $10k+ as you had to pay for the person to fly out, their rental car, their hotel, their food, their time, and the equipment rental.

Is this system something you own or is it something you had available to you at work/school?

Buddy's work has one, he is a draftsman, so he gets a lot of cool tech, he let me use it to scan my Intake.
My Company sends him just enough business that they don't mind.

If you bought it where did you get it and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.

I shot him an email asking where they got it.

Yea I figured it was spendy for the equipment. You should have him scan the 05 Escape LIM if you can.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

If you could have the plastic one scanned and send me the files for everything you have that would be AWESOME. Thanks man!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Just a quick update, it'll be the end of July before i'm able to do anything else with this project.
Doing training in glendale arizona.
(live in Atlanta)

didnt know you lived in Atlanta, i just moved from there after 25 years of living in Clayton county :-/

I'm about to come back down the beginning of Aug so i can fetch my black svt

Back