• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oxygen sensor codes

Cheif Steele

CEG'er
So I am getting the P1131,32,51,52. All oxgen sensor codes. My question could they cause it to die randomly? I cleaned behind the throttle body was nasty ran the piss out of it it died a few times then finally the CEL came on and those were the codes it threw any input would be great

you may have fouled out the o2s because of the spray in the engine. Its tough to say. maybe a lose ground or a broken vacuum line may be causing the stalling.

So a few things I noticed on my way home.. It seems to die when I am shifting out of gear to coast the RPMs will go straight to zero some times it will be at 500 then zero.. the other thing was i was at a light and it was idling around 700 then out of nowhere jumped to 1200. Now I am not running the AC. I am going to work on the O2 sensors this weekend. Any ideas ???

-Update-

So whole new twist... I have been a little off when saying it just dies... it dies when I take it out of gear... while it is in gear it still runs I can even down shift but when I press on the gas nothing happens but it is technically still running. It shuts down when I take it out of gear but as always starts right up.

With that said Fuel pump, new sock filter and TPS are all on the way thanks to RockAuto..

Crankshaft Senor going to be changed this weekend also... No clue if it has ever been done if it's anything like the throttle body was then it will need it.

Last edited:
Back