• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Progress on the condo...

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Since my closing on the condo I've been planning out the flooring replacement and paint colors before I go ahead and move in. It's been a busy month but it's coming along great!

Just after the closing:

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Here's the wall mount for my plasma. I ordered the wall mount and recessed power kit from Monoprice.com. The install itself was fairly easy but the insides of the wall made it difficult. I had studs that weren't equally spaced because of the bathroom door behind it. We started cutting one spot for the panel and found water pipes. :laugh: Once we finally found a useable spot everything went smooth. I also picked up the media console from Pier 1 for dirt cheap. It was originally $550 but it was discontinued and the last one on the floor. I got it for $250.

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

The laminate is now complete. The kitchen vinyl was pulled up too. Originally they were gonna build over it, but we all agreed it didn't look that great with the reducer at the edge of the kitchen.

I also picked up all new base trim for the walls. I was planning to install it myself because Lowes wanted almost another $600 to do it. I said no thanks! The guy doing the install offered to do it on the side if I picked it up. $125 to install it for the entire condo. I couldn't pass it up. I'll post the completed pictures tomorrow but it looks amazing right now. :drool:

He is coming back to complete the baseboard for the upstairs, as well as caulk the gaps above the baseboard and misc. areas.

Tony the place is coming along nice. keep up the hard work, can't wait to see it finished. whens the party :laugh:.

wow!
That place is much larger than I thought from your original description.
Looking good. I'm envious you can do that stuff. ;)

hope you enjoy sweeping cause we have laminate thru 1/2 of our house and it is a never ending battle. The stuff does look great though:cool:

Thanks guys! I've been dying to move in since the closing, but I think all this work is making it well worth the wait.

Also, if it wasn't for Obama I wouldn't be doing any of this. First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit FTW!! :D

hope you enjoy sweeping cause we have laminate thru 1/2 of our house and it is a never ending battle. The stuff does look great though:cool:

I hate sweeping but it's much better than having carpet in high traffic areas or areas where you eat. Carpet ends up carrying dirt and dust that start to smell over the years, even after a steam cleaning. I like carpet for bedroom areas only.

Just what I was thinking! I call first game in beer pong :laugh:

HAHA!

That was seriously one of my reasons for installing laminate instead of carpet. How can you play beer pong on carpet? It'd be ruined in no time.

I plan on putting a bar in the sunroom eventually. :cool:

HAHA!

That was seriously one of my reasons for installing laminate instead of carpet. How can you play beer pong on carpet? It'd be ruined in no time.

I plan on putting a bar in the sunroom eventually. :cool:

LMFAO! And to think I was half-kidding. Now I'm dead ????ing serious! :laugh:

Back