• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cams

Is it possible to advance the oem cams on a 2.5 V6?

there are versions of the duratec with VVT variable valve timing ..... that is the way ahead if you need cam timing adjustment.

If you give some details of why you need cam adjustment you might get some helpful advice ....G.

mazda jaguar and lincoln ... i think ....

if you google duratec VVT it should bring up some results.

A few people have toyed with the idea of converting to VVT but no one has actually done it .

If you are serious, it would be good if you started a build thread and showed your progress .. ..... G.

mazda jaguar and lincoln ... i think ....

if you google duratec VVT it should bring up some results.

A few people have toyed with the idea of converting to VVT but no one has actually done it .

If you are serious, it would be good if you started a build thread and showed your progress .. ..... G.

From wikipidia: "The 2006 Ford Fusion , Mercury Milan , and Lincoln Zephyr feature a version of the
Duratec 30 utilizing variable valve timing . The VVT is a RFF engine derived from the Mazda MZI and does not have the mechanical buckets as on the Lincoln LS version. The engine has an output of 221 bhp (165 kW; 224 PS) at 6250 rpm, and 205 lbft of torque at 4800 rpm."

I see what u mean... still planning what to do with this '98 2.5 motor.
Thanks for your quick reply my friend.
I like the vvt patent, it gives good torque thru-out the rpm range.

Back