• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 103K miles 1998.5 SE V6 for sale with timing chain problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Vitriol

New CEG'er
Car is located in SLC, Utah. I'm in a tough spot. I've owned this great '98.5 contour SE V6 sport with Auto transmission since 72000 miles. Bought it from the original owner. Currently 103K miles. Timing chain tensioner problem is likely the issue, but the engine is making a racket. It does start and run. I don't have enough money to get it fixed. It needs the chain, sprockets, and tensioners. I just put a bunch of money in new KYB struts, BRAND NEW MICHELIN TIRES, and I fixed an oil leak at the oil pressure sending unit. I did the rear sway bar end links and bushings last summer. I have maintained this car myself and only used top synthetic fluids including yearly trans fluid changes. Battery is brand new. This car is in very good shape and is accident free. It is the sport edition with the side skirts and rear spoiler and the nicer looking factory alloy wheels. Trans works perfectly and this car is very tight suspension-wise and steering etc. Dark Maroon in color. Would like to get $900 for it. Someone could put a couple days work in the cam chain fix and would have a great car. Let me know if you have interest. Heck the tranny and tires are worth more than the price I'm asking. Everything on the car works great, with the exception of the motor. Even has a new serp belt tensioner and belt, and fuel filter. I have a few parts I would throw in like oil filters, air filters, and spark plugs and the Haynes manual. Email me with any questions. jaredd44@gmail.com

Lower Price ---

Lower Price ---

No offers? How about $600 ---
If I can't get that, I'll just do a 3L swap. Anyone know anyone in UT that they can refer me to to do an engine swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back