• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Installing LSD stack height question.

Kresnik

CEG'er
So, I have an Mfactory LSD and can swap the ring gear and all of that over. New bearings will be pressed on it.. but where can I find the specs to know how tall this is supposed to be (with the cup of the bearing factored in, I assume) such that i can select the proper shims to put this back together reliably?

Thanks!

It varies from car to car; there is no set stack height. You have to install the diff, with bearings, and measure the end play to see how much shim you need. Then crack it back open, install the shims, and measure again.

There's a very good series of videos on YouTube from IlliniPo on how to install an LSD in an SVT Focus box. The process is the same for this one.

It varies from car to car; there is no set stack height. You have to install the diff, with bearings, and measure the end play to see how much shim you need. Then crack it back open, install the shims, and measure again.

There's a very good series of videos on YouTube from IlliniPo on how to install an LSD in an SVT Focus box. The process is the same for this one.

Thanks, that was a super helpful video! Now, I need only to find the preload value. :)

Ok let me personally know how the Diff is lol I'm wanting an M factory as well as I've heard they are good for other cars.

Back