• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

stock 2000 contour svt

staxpkr

New CEG'er
I just bought a stock 2000 contour svt.. what are some mods I can do to it besides the engine swap? I was wondering if u guys know what the best cadillac converter, chip, exhaust, intake, mufflers, struts, suspension, to replace the stock 2000 contour svt is?.. I live in southern California if anyone knows a good shop to take it to.. Thanks

also my intake box has a crack in it and ford discontinued that part.. anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Welcome mate. From Dallas, but moving to LA permanently in a month. Can't wait to get my tour out here.

Lots of questions, so I have to be that guy. Use the search function.

For performance, the mods you list are really only going to give you a few HP. If I were you I would save the money for a 3L. Just with the stock parts you'll gain 30 HP and even more torque. With a couple minor mods, like a y pipe mod you'll will be very happy.

For the intake box, keep an eye out on the classifieds or post a WTB thread. Good ones tend to pop up every month or so. I just picked up one myself, to help me pass smog.

My 2.5 SVT with headers, cold air intake, pulleys, LSD, optimized throttled body and a fully cleaned top end put down 164whp and 14X wtq. My untuned 3L with just a y pipe and short ram intake put down 195whp and 182wtq. You can do a 3L swap for just under 800 bucks if you do it right.

Back