• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seriousl

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
Why is it everytime I find a really nice SVT to buy, or just even browsing, that the seller is always located way the hell up north?! I HATE IT! lol

But seriously, MOVE DOWN HERE! hahah

What do you want to buy? I could hold onto something for you until you can get it :evil laugh:.:D

Ive got a sick 99 3L SVT for sale and I live in Fl......... even further south than you...... seriously.

Well, if you guys are trying to imply something, haha, my requirements are: :laugh:

Color: T-Red Preferably, but paint has to be very good
Mileage: Preferably below 85K, but go ahead and throw it at me
Mods: Preferably stock, but as long as it's built well, go ahead and let me see what you got
Price range: Preferably less than 3000, yeah I know it's a low price range for what I probably can't get, but it's all I got.

Please help point me in the right direction :D

I do keep my eye out in the classifieds, but most just aren't my taste (color/body condition wise) or are too far or expensive

90% of the svt's are here. That's why.
I think you might be right about that. When I was looking, it seemed like all the ones I was interested in were MI or some other eastern state. But hey, I took the family for spin the other day and actually saw a black svt going towards Sacramento, first time ever. :shocked:

I just checked the craigslist for Michigan, and geez. I wish I could have those kinds of options when searching on Craigslist here in Florida. Barely any here in the Panhandle for sale.

You can get great deals on plane tickets right now and gas is still failry cheap. It's not like it is that difficult to fly somewhere, buy a car, and drive back. I've done it.
no kidding. I paid less than 200 bucks for my plane ticket to get my car in Ohio.

There is a REALLLLLLLLLLLLY nice and REALLLLLLLLLLLY fast csvt here in Georgia for sale, for way less than its worth too:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was there any reason given to the high number of CSVT's in MI? Was there a specific dealership that had a hard-on for them?

Why is it everytime I find a really nice SVT to buy, or just even browsing, that the seller is always located way the hell up north?! I HATE IT! lol

But seriously, MOVE DOWN HERE! hahah

rexx I agree with you 100% every car I liked was a major trip. I had to price plane tickets gas to drive it back etc... I even consider having a SVT shipped from Cali.The one I did see locally the seller wanted way to much for the SVT. I have givin up for awhile I'm going to concentrate on my Pre 98.

So what does that prove? Same could be said for SVT Lightning, but I bet there are WAY more here in Texas then there are in MI. Vehicles are sold where demand is.

SVT's are normally sold by dealers who have the most sales....they get the rights to sell them because of that. MI is headquarters to Ford....all the employees buy Ford....those dealerships sell the most vehicles.....those dealerships get to sell SVT's....those cars get bought up by people in MI.

Back