+ Reply to Thread

Thread: change to bigger injectors

Default change to bigger injectors

I am fairly sure the beige injectors must be pretty well maxed out on full throttle, on my 3l port matched conversion
    when remapped its max was 217 crank hp
    since that I have optomised tb, ported manifolds, cold air feeds to ram air svt airbox
    have just had a set of orange injectors refurbed, will a remap be able to find more power with the bigger injectors , or do you just end up with the same power and a reduced duty cycle

Do you have duty cycle numbers for the current injectors?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #259
    Mods: Port-Matched 3L, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS Headers, Torsen T-2 LSD, Fidanza Flywheel, Spec 3+ Clutch, 18" OZ Superleggras, Baer BBK, BAT Suspension, Mystique Tail

If your current injectors are truly maxed out, then bigger ones with a proper retune would yield more power.

What's your current A/F ratio under WOT? Does it change as the rpms increase?

Sent from my Note 3
    1998 T-Red SVT 115,000 miles (Died 9/01/08)
    2000 Tropic Green SVT #396 - 04 3L, HMS Trans, Wilwood BBK, FSVT Rear BBK, Koni/H&R...NPG Turbo Kit (JUNK)

how do you find out what duty cycle the injectors are at on full throttle. funny thing is when I completed the 3l conversion , the exhaust ends were sooty , ie impression it was running rich, and when I had remap done was sorted, then I carried out some more mods this winter, svt airbox, with twin ram air cold feed, optomised and half shafted tb, manifolds ported , and now end of exhausts sootier than ever . terry haines reckons beige injectors will be maxed out

sooty exhaust isn't all from runing out of tune. I had an exhaust on my stock SVT (previous owners cat delete) and it had soot on inside of tips. I put stock exhaust with cat on and very little sooting now.
    Now driving around in ronssvt's old car
    The rear bumper has been replaced. . . with mesh too

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    how do you find out what duty cycle the injectors are at on full throttle. funny thing is when I completed the 3l conversion , the exhaust ends were sooty , ie impression it was running rich, and when I had remap done was sorted, then I carried out some more mods this winter, svt airbox, with twin ram air cold feed, optomised and half shafted tb, manifolds ported , and now end of exhausts sootier than ever . terry haines reckons beige injectors will be maxed out
    You can log the duty cycle with an xcal and a laptop.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #259
    Mods: Port-Matched 3L, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS Headers, Torsen T-2 LSD, Fidanza Flywheel, Spec 3+ Clutch, 18" OZ Superleggras, Baer BBK, BAT Suspension, Mystique Tail

if your exhaust is sooty with a 3.0L running 17lb injectors at stock fuel pressure....

then one of your oxygen sensors may be futzed. In which case your PCM could be dumping fuel to protect your engine....

check your fuel trims too .....G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearing completion .

WANTED; Midnite Blue Leather seat skins.

if there was a problem with an o2 sensor would the ecu not log that as a fault code

definitely no codes, but yesterday when the tailgate was slighty open, carrying large item , I noticed when I got on the throttle at low revs , I could smell what was drawn through the tailgate was petrol laden , trip compuper also showing better mileage at 65 mph compared to 50 mph , so is it possible a lamba is on the way out but not thrown up a fault code yet

what normally happens is they start to switch back and forth more slowly, especially at idle..... i've seen this happening on my software..... G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearing completion .

WANTED; Midnite Blue Leather seat skins.

+ Reply to Thread