• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to find front subframe bushings?

AGrayson84

CEG'er
Hi everyone, I did some looking around on the forum, some Google searching, and looking around on RockAuto... but can't seem to find a source for front subframe bushings. I'm not sure that I want go the solid (aluminum) subframe bushing route... I did that on my '92 SHO about 9 years ago and the vibration was OK when I was younger, but I think I might want to go a different this time.

Does anyone know of anywhere to find rubber or poly front subframe bushings? Thanks!!

-Andrew

Polyurethane is the only way to go in my opinion. For about the same price you get a product that is going to last longer and perform better. HERES the ones you want.

Hi everyone, I did some looking around on the forum, some Google searching, and looking around on RockAuto... but can't seem to find a source for front subframe bushings. I'm not sure that I want go the solid (aluminum) subframe bushing route... I did that on my '92 SHO about 9 years ago and the vibration was OK when I was younger, but I think I might want to go a different this time.

Does anyone know of anywhere to find rubber or poly front subframe bushings? Thanks!!

-Andrew

Did you even bother to check with a Ford dealer? I acquired a complete set around 2 - 3 years ago. At that time, there were a ton of these bushings still in the Ford Dealership network.

Did you even bother to check with a Ford dealer? I acquired a complete set around 2 - 3 years ago. At that time, there were a ton of these bushings still in the Ford Dealership network.

Nope, I only because I wouldn't want to pay dealer price (probably around $45/ea) for these bushings. Once I got the part number I was able to find a few new ones on Ebay for around $30/ea, but not sure it's worth paying that much for some 15-year-old rubber. Still trying to decide which route to go with this though. Thanks!

Well, technically yes and no - poly is available, just as a DIY'er. I know of an individual who makes them out of DELRIN and UHMW-PE for a number of vehicles as well.

You know... I was considering making my own poly ones, but the problem is that I'd have to pay for aluminum ones to make the mold. Does the person you know offer Contour bushings in either material? If so, where can I get more info and order some?! PM me if you need, thanks Bill!

Nope, I only because I wouldn't want to pay dealer price (probably around $45/ea) for these bushings. Once I got the part number I was able to find a few new ones on Ebay for around $30/ea, but not sure it's worth paying that much for some 15-year-old rubber.

Would you share the part number or numbers with us?

Thanks.

F8RZ5A103B (front) comes back as an unknown part number.

F8RZ5A103BA (rear) shows 4 in stock nationally.

Back