• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blu_Fuz Driving to a DREAM

terryford8

CEG'er
Just wanted to post a few pictures showing my Blu_Fuz inspired MercSVT
Started off as a 1999 Mercury Mystique LS and I have slowly added a complete SVT bodykit
turning it into my dream vehicle. As an old geezer(63) in poor health each and every time I ran into a brick wall Joe was there to help and inspire.
My first car was a Meyers Manx dune buddy with a 40 hp engine later replaced with a 140 hp Corvair unit
Later on added a 1983 Suzuki GS 1100 with 96 hp which was modified to 150 hp
Now it seems my final vehicle will be this beautiful Merc V6 with 176 hp
These photos show the last piece of the puzzle as I add rear bumper to my car and got the shop to make my single muffler system into duals. When the beautiful exhaust tips Blu directed me to show up will post the final product.
Anyway before boring all to tears will just say I am very grateful for this site and the many really great people on it.
doug p
Ontario CanadaView attachment 15952View attachment 15954View attachment 15955View attachment 15956View attachment 15957DSC_3347 Rear bump&.jpgDSC_3353 Rear bump&.jpgDSC_3372 rear bump.jpgDSC_3856 rear bump.jpgDSC_3852 Rear Bump&.jpg

Love you too buddy, always glad to help! Usually it is the older generation (you) that guides us younger folk (me). I'm almost exactly 1/2 your age but I hope to have the need to be modding a car at that point of my life!

PS, if your new tips don't fit the hole openings at the angle or position you want, don't be afraid to lower the exhause some and straighten out your muffler tail pipes to point straight back. Also, if the tips are too long, hack the back end of the tips off and just put some different pinch bolts in where you can.

Just took a closer look at the "bumper sag" and realize there are tabs sticking up from the SVT bumper
that would probably fit into slots in a "real" SVT???
It is really hard finding a good body shop around here willing to do small jobs so the work isn't always top rated by
the costs are..almost $500 to paint and install rear bumper
Maybe i need to take off the bumper and cut off these tabs??????
thanks
doug

Don't worry about it. 98% of these cars have the sag. Just drive and enjoy!

Thanks Guys...officially moving on
Just got out from fibreglassing cracks in the front bumper...from under the car
so i do have more important things to worry about like my 255,000 kilometre engine giving up the ghost

The StiqVT is :cool: Not to hijack your thread but I've been wanting to take off my rear bumper cover to do some work how many bolts and where are they:confused: has anyone done a writeup on this or am I over analyzing it:crazy::help:

Royal
Sent you a private message
Here are the six bolts or screws that you will need to take off circled on my photos
best of luck
doug
PS dear Canadian Border Security Agency...thanks for making my quick trip to USA to pick up my car parts another day from Hell. Despite declaring my AWESOME smokeshow SVT battery hold down bar/ ALMOST factory// new rare parts for my Mystique from AUSSIE FORD// and my super modern Lithum battery for my 1983 GS1100
They decided to search my car putting a picnic table beside it and dumping out all the parts then asking me to explain what they were..another 20 minutes of my life wasted. This was the same crew that held me for 40 minutes the last time because i hadn't followed the rules exactly
I drove from Canada into the USA then stopped to cover Montreal Canadiens alumi game on the Indian Reserve that sits between Canada and USA before going back to Canada. For this I risked losing my vehicle(my sister in laws brand new $60 grand truck) and getting a $1,000 fine
First Nations people had thrown CBSA off their reserve so to pay them back CBSA requires anybody going from Canada to USA to report into customs then drive back over the bridge to the Indian Reserve.
The border guards had also threatened to confiscate the $10 grand of photo equipment i had and were going to seize the many drugs i need to keep myself alive
To say I was upset and ticked off is an understatement...
Turned out they were just opening a new bridge to USA and a huge new customs office at my border crossing and for some "strange" reason my old newspaper used a half page front photo I took of their office and the headline read BRIDGE TO NOWHERE kinda ruining the public relations campaign they had been running...
Honest Folks it wasn't my fault...LOL:mad:
DSC_3353 Rear bump&.jpg

DSC_3347 Rear bump&.jpg

Hey Joe
I got the pipe extensions from my American address today
They are just perfect thanks so much for all your help figuring out which ones to get
I was going to spend way too much money on them before u came to my rescue
cheers
doug

Last edited:
thanks again, I'll bet others wanted to know but where afraid to ask also

Back