• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My pre98 trunk done!

nice looking SVT!! and like everybody said, please don't touch that paint!! leave it ther way it is!!

i can't decide whether i like the pre98 trunks or not. I mean the post98 trunks seem better to me but at the same time the big reflector going across seems like something should be done to it.

So to sum it up i guess i don't like either of our trunks lol. too bad for me

looks really clean man, I almost have become a bigger fan of the spoilerless pre98 trunk though.

07-10-08_1747-1.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Appreciate them. And the final decision is...NO flat black! This fall it will have a CF hood, new headlights, and possibly some new wheels. (I also will be doing some decals: "contour.org", svt number, and one other one under the mirrors...these will all be in flat black:drool:...I think it will look nice with flat black decals against the gloss black)

man this looks really really good!!!

i think it only looks good with that spoiler, without it i don't think id like it as much.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Appreciate them. And the final decision is...NO flat black! This fall it will have a CF hood, new headlights, and possibly some new wheels. (I also will be doing some decals: "contour.org", svt number, and one other one under the mirrors...these will all be in flat black:drool:...I think it will look nice with flat black decals against the gloss black)

I don't think you should touch it. Decals are tacky and will only take away from the clean look you have going right now. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. :cool:

Mark

hopefully when you say "CF hood" you mean OEM and not a cowl hood, a cowl hood on your car would make it look like Joe from Family Guy, super buff upper body, but tiny lower body.

Now striker, why would you go and do that?

As for the spoilerless, yuk! The contour of the pre 98 trunk match the hood, but it looks spineless without the spoiler.

-Andy
it reminds me to much of the late 90s grand prix, which i hate. its also possible that im biased since my 97 was spoilerless. :crazy:

Back