• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flowmaster series?

Flows are good mufflers, maybe good on my mustang but bad on my contour. I'll have to check out Borla.

Flows are good mufflers, maybe good on my mustang but bad on my contour. I'll have to check out Borla.

sounding good on a mustang and actually being a good muffler are 2 different thing. they are not a good muffler. i wouldnt put them on my lawnmower

really? you guys don't think the flows are a good muffler? they act as a one way check valve to prevent reversion. no glass packing material to burn out. and no I don't work for flowmaster hahahaha.
has anybody tried ultraflows?

really? you guys don't think the flows are a good muffler? they act as a one way check valve to prevent reversion. no glass packing material to burn out. and no I don't work for flowmaster hahahaha.
has anybody tried ultraflows?

any flow-through muffler is going to outperform chambered muffler. flowmasters add backpressure and i've seen too many times people lose power- not as much a "check valve" as it is a "exhaust maze". Especially a car that really needs to breath, like a turbo car. I remember a dyno result for a turbo mustang that gained 30 rwhp switching from a flowmaster to a dynomax flow through

any flow-through muffler is going to outperform chambered muffler. flowmasters add backpressure and i've seen too many times people lose power- not as much a "check valve" as it is a "exhaust maze". Especially a car that really needs to breath, like a turbo car. I remember a dyno result for a turbo mustang that gained 30 rwhp switching from a flowmaster to a dynomax flow through

I agree with you on a turbo car, they love a good exhaust system. hhhmmmmmm decisons, decisions, decsions. I just don't want my car to sound like the UPS truck.

So I have a question that's sort of on-topic. How does a Magnaflow XL 3 chamber muffler compare to a Flowmaster chambered muffler in regards to flow? I remember a while back someone posted an exhaust video with Magnaflow chambered mufflers out back and it sounded pretty good. Maybe the OP might want to go that route, if he's even still reading this thead...

Thanks guys.
So i was thinking of a borla... any model in perticular?

go with the trubendz kit fits almost perfect but the passenger tail pipe sticks out just a little more then the other but its a great sounding system overall:cool:you'll love it

i thought they stopped providing the borla setup? i wanted to get it, but i was told(not from trubendz though) that you could no longer get the borla setup. Hence why im doing their magnaflow set up probably.

i thought they stopped providing the borla setup? i wanted to get it, but i was told(not from trubendz though) that you could no longer get the borla setup. Hence why im doing their magnaflow set up probably.

a true, 100% borla made exhaust for the contour is no longer made or available. the trubendz borla setup is. I have the resonated setup on my car right now.

ah, gotcha. thanks for clearing that up. does it still stand by what it says about the deepness and loudness of borla? like their little paragraph states?

ah, gotcha. thanks for clearing that up. does it still stand by what it says about the deepness and loudness of borla? like their little paragraph states?

YEs.

But ...borla came with SS tubing...

trubendz has 2 options. Alum and SS.

Back