• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Brake Kit Available! From Aerospace Components

blackandbluesvt

New CEG'er
So I have a close friend who works/owns Aerospace Components, which specialize in drag racing brake components. They are making me a 13" vented, drilled, slotted, and plated rotors and Four Piston calipers front and Back, kits for $1575.00. Crazy deal and I am sure they would honor the deal for some fellow CEG'ers if i can get a few. This kit not to mention is crazy light compared even to our stock components. Once I get him some hub/spindle ass. I will be able to give you exact rotor width and full assembly weight. Thanks for reading, here is the facts I do have. There are also many pictures on google of their 4 piston calipers.

Billet Aluminum 4 Piston Calipers
Billet Aluminum Hats
Hawk Performance Brake Pads
Billet Aluminum Mounting Brackets
Grade 8 Hardware
Retains Stock Sealed Bearing Hub Assembly and ABS sensors
Drilled, Slotted and Nickel Plated Rotors
Made in U.S.A.
Retain E brake

The picture clearly has the wrong hat type on, but that is the 13" rotor

Attachments

• PART_1395238971536_.jpeg
    PART_1395238971536_.jpeg
    360.2 KB · Views: 0
  • caliper..jpg
    caliper..jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 119..jpeg
    119..jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4326..jpg
    IMG_4326..jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
This is what i have been promised, and if you have looked at Aerospace Components website, I more then believe them. Im excited to get these going, and besides, i believe there is some over seas company called cieca that makes brake kits that can come with some sort of e brake adapter. if this cheap company can design this, Aerospace im sure and come up with it takes. Im excited to see at least some interest. I am by all means fine with being one of the only ones with this kit, but once i get them all installed and rolling for a couple miles, ill be sure to give a full report and progress pictures. May twist your arm. It could take up to a month due to their high volume orders on their other kits, and of course the customizing. They can come in anodized color or powder-coat even up to the bolt heads.
Pic of colors

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/projectcars/mmfp_1011_project_repeat_offender_1985_ford_mustang_lx_suspension_and_brakes/photo_06.html

I'd ve interested in more info for just a rear kit. Price, rotor size, weight, e brake retention.

Seeing as the Ol SVT is my DD, Its been interesting to see how hard it is to find a contour/coug/myst steering knuckle. If I am correct it must be a part that really never receives much replacing seeing as once there is an accident where this is damaged, the car is probably totaled. Hitting up the junk yards soon and that is not always guaranteed either, so i appreciate the patience. I want to get these on so bad, i just have to get him a knuckle, front and back, and the spindle hub assembly. Obviously i can get the hubs new, so if anyone knows of a person looking to get rid of a knuckle in florida, please let me know.

Thanks

I would be interested, but curious if there is any way to get the rotors slotted only. I'd prefer no cross-drilling. But seems like a great deal man!

I am sure you can just get slotted.

Front kit: 35lbs

Rear kit: 32lbs

These are what he gave me. When I receive my kit I will give you the weights I observe.

Almost done guys, ran into some problems with getting the correct spindles to him, i.e. one for a rotor not a drum brake...:crazy: Anyways next couple weeks will get pictures for sure and weight and all the fun specs. Sorry taking so long, believe me its killing me.

Back