• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Auto-X in Harrisburg PA

bobrules

CEG'er
Autocross season begins here in PA. First two events are March 29-30. Checkout the Susquehanna Scca website for details. I am already registered. The car is ready to go.

The Tour wont be there. My Girl wants to run the car we ran last year to see if we improved after the driving schools we took over the winter. So I will have the Contour out for event # 2 or #3.

Event #2 is on Sunday, so you'll have the Tour there then? Nice...if I do come I'll bring mine for sure. What car are you going to run Saturday? I'll come over and say hi, if you don't mind. If you see a black Tour that's me. You can come say hi, too. I love autox...I've been out to watch a lot of events at Hershey and I want to start taking part in it more...it's safer then the back roads...although, Pa does have some great back roads.

Event #2 is on Sunday, so you'll have the Tour there then? Nice...if I do come I'll bring mine for sure. What car are you going to run Saturday? I'll come over and say hi, if you don't mind. If you see a black Tour that's me. You can come say hi, too. I love autox...I've been out to watch a lot of events at Hershey and I want to start taking part in it more...it's safer then the back roads...although, Pa does have some great back roads.

I and the wife will be in the 06 grey honda civic coupe. I run HS she runs LHS.

Never done autox but am interested... Any place I can get info?

The link for the Susquehanna region scca
http://www.scca-susq.com/autox.html

The link to register for the first event

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=14580

It is actually really easy to get involved alot of fun to drive and all of the competitiors are willing to help and teach and as a novice everyone wants to help you out. If you arent sure whether you want to try it do what I did show up just to watch. It is free to watch and you can get an idea of what to do the next time you show up.

It is actually really easy to get involved alot of fun to drive.... Do what I did show up just to watch. It is free to watch and you can get an idea of what to do the next time you show up.

...He's right, and it's not to expensive. I've watched a bunch of events the past couple years. That's fun, too. Check the sight out and show up for registration. Walk up to the desk and ask questions..everybody's pretty helpful. If anything, just go out and have fun.

So what is the time frame on this tomorrow? My Great Uncle Roy passed away this week, and I have a funeral and service tomorrow morning. I tried looking on the website but I couldn't find a specific time.

It was not warm. It was very wet. And i had to leave early. At least she got to run. Next one in june. I will be ready.

..... And i had to leave early. At least she got to run.

....you didn't even get 1 run, hu? That sucks, man....my first 3 runs were dry, the last wet, and that was my best run. Go figure. Thanks for the course map, too....btw, how'd she do? Was there improvement like you's were looking for?

She was totally better even in the rain she made 4 runs in the pouring rain. And did very well. I will be back out for the june run. Maybe even try to make the import nationals at carlisle they will be running autox there too.

Back