• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale !!!!!!!!!Multiple assorted items for sale - in great shape off of my '97 Contour Sport!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

97CS

CEG'er
PREFACE: Every one of these items were either on my Contour at one time or were soon going to be prior to me totaling it back in 2003. ALL OF THESE ITEMS have been sitting around collecting dust since then and have remained largely untouched. Also, every one of these items spent no more than maybe a couple thousand miles on or in the Contour and based on the pictures you can plainly see that's the case. I have receipts for a couple of these items still so original prices can be confirmed if necessary.

I'll post each item in a new post for organization's sake and post the list price along with it (or best estimation for now until I acquire additional info that I might be looking for).

REGARDING SHIPPING: I'd really prefer not to pay shipping since so many of these items are going to be priced handsomely anyway. Local is always better but I realize that isn't terribly realistic. I DO live quite literally smack dab in the middle of the U.S. so if you're in town or so inclined, we can easily work out a pickup situation if shipping costs don't pan out. I'm also willing to travel a reasonable distance (probably no further than 50-60 miles because then it isn't quite worth it). THE WHEELS, I REALLY want dealt with locally unless someone absolutely doesn't mind paying the astronomical shipping costs. Also, prepping them for shipping is beyond what I know so I would probably have to have someone do it for me.

I know all the disclaimers and crap might seem excessive but in the interest of full disclosure I want everything out there. Nothing is really set in stone. I'm certainly willing to discuss, negotiate and otherwise try to work something out so long as you're not asking a ton from me.

One last thing, I am only considering serious offers. I'm also not interested in peoples' opinions regarding my methods or prices set forward. I've given this all a great deal of thought and consideration. If there's something that is absolutely nagging at you, shoot me a PM.

That being said, the first item(s) is the DTEC head shield and K&N RU-1785 filter. I was going to originally sell these separately but the shipping for just the heat shield would damn near be the cost of the shield itself so I figured I'd pair them up since it makes sense anyway. Both items were on my car for a negligible amount of time but that didn't stop the heat shield from suffering some discoloration and grime and some scrapes because it's naturally a tight fit. It looks worse than it is. I'm sure someone with a better knowledge base can clean it up better than I did. I also managed to keep the original installation instructions too. The K&N filter looks brand new...because it basically is. I'll also post a picture of the two items in my car that I took a decade ago and somehow still have.

LEuMa6kl.jpg

3PHnlQil.jpg

rp2ahFel.jpg

SD4D5zcl.jpg

fSNZfril.jpg

VKLgnZll.jpg

32zblUs.jpg

$50 for the pair strikes me as a fair deal. I originally paid around $30-35 for the heat shield if memory serves and according to my receipt from Summit racing, I paid $37.39 for the RU-1785 filter.

Next item is a CTA Motorsports "Duratec aluminum intake pipe kit, red couplings, 3 port" as listed on the receipt. I purchased this for $75.00 brand new. I'm asking $60 for it. And for reference purposes the shipping on the receipt was $17 in case anyone is interested. It's in phenomenal shape and has everything (couplings, o-rings etc) that it originally came with. I used to have a picture of this thing installed in the car but I guess I don't anymore.

d1AjdlXl.jpg

KB7SugQl.jpg

w3EaXRAl.jpg

Next piece is the Pro-M Racing Mass Airflow Sensor or at least that's what I've always called it. Another item that is in ridiculously good shape. I don't have the receipt but I know I paid around $300 for it which was confirmed after looking at Pro-M's website where their non-flanged MAF sensors are going for $299. I think I actually paid around $275 for it - might have been a group buy deal at the time, I don't recall. Regarding this item, I am currently waiting to hear back from a representative at Pro-M because I'm well aware that you would need to get it re-calibrated before you could use it and I know that costs money. I'm waiting to hear back for a more accurate quote but at this time I'm wanting to sell this for $200.00.

RqTkFTNl.jpg

WVwz2rul.jpg

AlJwyjpl.jpg

qQcAW4Zl.jpg

a8eQbbQl.jpg

And with the heat shield + filter

32zblUsl.jpg

The last item(s) on the list (unless I unearth more stuff I forgot about) are my favorite. The 17" Rage Breaker 5-spoke wheels. These things weren't on my Contour for more than a few thousand miles at most. They have been sitting in either a garage or most recently in a storage area of a basement for the last decade.

Rim Material: Alloy
Rim Brand: Rage
Rim Model: Breaker
Rim Diameter: 17
Number of Bolts: 4
Rim Structure: Cast
Bolt Pattern: 4x108

They were inside of 215/45/17 tires. And after much confusion on my part, it is CONFIRMED, finally, that the wheels are 7" wide and I have a picture to prove it.

CTPhnODl.jpg

The only bothersome damage is on one wheel which was caused by the asshats are Firestone when they removed the tires. This wheel:

PXTQdnVl.jpg

N9ds5eRl.jpg

MBl0GXSl.jpg

The next wheel with anything remotely noticeable is this with a tiny little scuff:

41grGydl.jpg

And this one that has a little scratch near the center, from where, I have no idea.

WkVYrVVl.jpg

Anything else is negligible. More pictures:

SKvzUXTl.jpg

Q8dz3U2l.jpg

PmNJClYl.jpg

Jg6Lx2dl.jpg

And finally, pictures of the wheels on my not-so-totaled, freshly washed/waxed Contour a decade ago for those who would like to see them on a 'tour. Not going to bother blurring out the plate because it's all ancient history:

VQsB9tU.jpg

2TXBsu2.jpg

y6jJw4a.jpg

sDyBgb0.jpg

I'm asking $300 for this set of four wheels. I originally paid $945 for these and the tires, mounted and balanced. The tires were only about $100 per. See the first post if you're wondering about shipping and all.

And if I left out any information or you'd like to see another picture or whatever, let me know and I'll do what I can to accommodate. I'm sure I'll be back to edit a post after I realize I forgot something.

Intake pipe kit - SOLD and paid for.

Headshield + filter - SOLD and paid for.

The Rage Breaker wheels and the Pro-Flow MAF are still very much available. If interested PM me.

EDIT: Also, this may not make a difference but who knows - while the wheels are located in Kansas City, I travel out to St. Louis (about 4 hours east of KC for reference purposes) somewhat often and will definitely be out there in mid May if anyone is having reservations about the local dealings disclaimer I put on the wheels. It may or may not help, but there it is.

It's not likely, but who knows. And you do the same if you come out this way. The problem is the only thing between us is the nothingness that is western Kansas...believe me I know. Beyond Wichita, there's just no reason to go further our west unless actually going to Denver.

Bump

Still have the wheels and MAF.

Lowering the price of wheels from $300 to $275. Still would rather deal locally unless someone REALLY wants to pay the ridiculous shipping costs.

Sorry for the delayed response. Haven't been checking this board as much recently. And yes it is still for sale. It's sitting not 10 feet from me, all shiny and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back