• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vacuum lines

Cheif Steele

CEG'er
Does anyone know where the long grey tube goes? it located near the fire wall. When I put the car up on stands to look for more bad wires. (which I found one coming out of the fire wall exposed and dangling) I also found that that line was broke and cannot find the end of it. It looks as if it is going into the fire wall. Any help would be great I am so close to getting her running I can feel it ha ha

I believe it goes into the firewall in front of the passenger side. Mine are a mess too but that's where mine goes.

If it's a grey vacuum line it could be for the hvac vent control. Do you still have all the hvac vents blowing the air out the right place for the settings?

I have this problem on my cougar. although with the line supplied with vacuum, still no mojo with the vents. I believe it has come undone inside the car someplace. the problem is I have no idea where to look.

I did notice a diaphragm valve looking device on the driver side of the center stack, with a yellow and a red vac line on it. the connectors are corresponding clear red and yellow elbow connectors. sounds strange, I took a pic, I might have to host it unless someone knows what I'm talking about, and/or what it does, lol

but to clarify, yes, the little grey hard line that goes into the firewall is the vacuum supply for the HVAC controls...

Back