• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

foor mat source.

svtfixer

Veteran CEG'er
1) why don't we have a group buy on floor mats? it seems like everyone needs one.

2) what was the old source of the replacements? assuming this has been thought of, thats not possible now for some reason?

There is no long a source for replacement floor mats to the best of my knowledge.

Years ago there was a source for aftermarket OEM style SVT floor mats, but the material has long been used up.

So unless someone wants to find a company to make replacement floor mats, there isn't going to be a group buy anytime soon.

I will help look into this and see what it would take to make one or have some made... Shouldn't be that hard really... Lol at least I don't think so. :)

Ford also has been choking out smaller business that can afford licensing on logos.

This...

Back in 2011 I had some mats made for my Prairie Tan CSVT by Lloyds, they came out very nice and their Parchment is close enough to Prairie Tan for my needs. One of the Lloyds suppliers sent me some carpet samples so I could get a closer match. Ford changed their logo licensing rules awhile back, as mentioned above, and none of the Lloyds re-sellers have the SVT logo available anymore in their on-line stores. You have to CALL THEM, tell them you're an SVT owner, and then maybe with Papal Dispensation, you can order an SVT logo'ed product. My CSVT is T-Green, thus the Green SVT.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the invoice, this front-only pair was $130 shipped for the premium carpet and embroidered logo.

Carry on.

When I got my car it had Taurus floor mats up front. I'm still using them, since the color is right and are a pretty good fit, except for the part that says "Taurus"

This...

Back in 2011 I had some mats made for my Prairie Tan CSVT by Lloyds, they came out very nice and their Parchment is close enough to Prairie Tan for my needs. One of the Lloyds suppliers sent me some carpet samples so I could get a closer match. Ford changed their logo licensing rules awhile back, as mentioned above, and none of the Lloyds re-sellers have the SVT logo available anymore in their on-line stores. You have to CALL THEM, tell them you're an SVT owner, and then maybe with Papal Dispensation, you can order an SVT logo'ed product. My CSVT is T-Green, thus the Green SVT.

I'd need to go back and look at the invoice, but I think this front-only pair was $150 for the premium carpet and embroidered logo, so this isn't a cheap route.

Carry on.

$150? dizamn.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lloyd-Mats-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e785c40eb&vxp=mtr

there are "almost" midnight blues with the right shape on ebay also just with crappy lettering like contour "sport" in like a script. also are navy or dark blue and probably close but not exactly mnb. this is dumb that we cant get this right.

id take a blank one without the dumb lettering instead. we all need the drivers mats too, so im looking for the one with the hole for the hook, just like stock. if someone would do just a drivers we could get them for cheap, 150 is a fair price for the whole set of high quality but we proabbly dont need that. surely some company would accomodate this? i talked to a few that were completely unaccomodating and i think we would probably need a dozen or 2 this is in such demand. arg!

how is the tans color replacement? any easier? i dont own a tan interior but what bug me is the different shades of the tan in there. some bits are more brown than tan. right?

gmorells font is right at least.

I've contacted the people I've worked with in the past few GB's I've done for floor mats. I'll let everyone know what I find out. However to get the MNB colored floor mats I'm thinking we may need to have a minimum of 35 people committed, which may be quite a stretch.

Last edited:
i need multiple myself. others may be in the same boat so it may not be that crazy. is just a drivers mat possible? cause thats even more plausible i think. ill load up if thats the case.

If you ordered just a drivers side alone, it wouldn't match anything else. They would be reproduction and brand new. You have to think about color changes and wear comparing it to the original factory mats.

If you ordered just a drivers side alone, it wouldn't match anything else. They would be reproduction and brand new. You have to think about color changes and wear comparing it to the original factory mats.

Very good point... I wouldn't mind a set of JUST the fronts though honestly.

can you get a sample of their color? ill be in for fronts then. 50 bvucks for the same color w a different logo available now so thats about what im looking for.

Back