• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Power Steering Leak

Yawak

CEG'er
is there an easy fix? the metal coupling right above the belt is leaking fluid... any advice on how to fix this is much appreciated! thanks in advance!

I have the same problem and I have heard that you can pick up that fitting from the dealer for like 5 bucks but you would have to dremel off the old one with out cutting your tube and the new one should clip back on. I haven't done it yet because I have bigger problems with my car right now.

I'm having the same problem. I'm not sure where exactly the leak is coming from. Repair shop wanted $600 to replace the pump.

I have replaced the pump coz the bearing had gone bad and I was hoping that would fix my problem... now the shop wants to replace the line from the pump goin towards the firewall. just looking for an easier fix... anybody else have this issue and fixed it? thanks in advance....

I sell that pressure fitting.. you have to cut the old one off and the new one pops in. Its way cheaper than replacing the whole line. you just need to be careful that you don't knick that line.

My mechanic is charging me $1600 for the pump, the high pressure hose to the rack, upper & lower intake cleaning and gaskets, water pump, starter, accel cable, coil packs, plugs, wires & valve cover gaskets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back