• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Porting plates (ported 3L builds)

Blackcoog

Hard-core CEG'er
Anyone have a porting plate I could buy off of them? Since these porting plates are no longer being sold we are going to start making our own and offer them up for people if they need them. Unfortunately, I have a motor I need to build for someone and I need a one plate immediately (I have one).

There was a rumor that someone else was going to sell them. Is that true? Are they available now?

Let me know if you have a set I could buy.

Thanks,
Chris

Bugzuki contacted me awhile ago about handing over the rights to them but I haven't heard from him. So he doesn't sell these anymore?

I used to bring the engine to a shop and have them weld in the injector spots. Results were probably better because the flow would be smoother. It was a pain to get a smooth surface for the gaskets to seal on. The plates have been around for quite a while though. There wasn't a perceivable difference in my opinion when I went from a welded head to one with plates in my Cougar. In fact I think the motor with plates is peppier but motor to motor variation could be the cause.

Back