• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutchnet.com is having a 20% off sale.

They have really bad customer service/communication and the wait time after ordering can be awhile. Just a heads up.

its not the worst. you can eventually get a hold of them unlike some other companies. i think the problem is theres 1 guy you have to talk to and he is probably doing it all around there.

Yes expect over a 2 week turn around time after ordering. BTW i think they always have a 15-20% off sale.

i've never seen that before but i think they did honor the group buy type deals after the fact. i think it was close not like 2 years later or whatever.

Does anyone know what the average shipping time for clutchnet is? I ordered a clutch kit and flywheel 2 weeks ago. I have tried contacting them and have gotten no response.

Does anyone know how to get clutchnet to respond to phone calls or emails? I ordered a clutch kit and flywheel on 6-9-14, they told me 3 weeks ago it was shipping out. I have not received it yet. I called them 3 times with no response. I then emailed them to get a tracking number or at least verification that it has shipped. They sent me a link to USPS tracking with an order number. It was shipped 2 day priority. That was a week ago. I called USPS they told me they have not received the package yet, all the guy did was go online and create a label number without ever actually shipping the package. I have called 2 more times in the last week and still haven't gotten a response of any kind. I have checked with USPS again and they still haven't received the package. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope these clutches are worth the damn headache.

Does anyone know how to get clutchnet to respond to phone calls or emails? I ordered a clutch kit and flywheel on 6-9-14, they told me 3 weeks ago it was shipping out. I have not received it yet. I called them 3 times with no response. I then emailed them to get a tracking number or at least verification that it has shipped. They sent me a link to USPS tracking with an order number. It was shipped 2 day priority. That was a week ago. I called USPS they told me they have not received the package yet, all the guy did was go online and create a label number without ever actually shipping the package. I have called 2 more times in the last week and still haven't gotten a response of any kind. I have checked with USPS again and they still haven't received the package. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope these clutches are worth the damn headache.

This was my precise experience with clutchnet. Svtfixer believes there are worse companies out there as far as customer service capabilities, or in this case, lack thereof. I SERIOUSLY doubt that. I ordered my kit about the same time you ordered yours. He sent me a bogus USPS tracking number that showed he never dropped off the clutch. After NUMEROUS calling attempts from myself & unfulfilled promises from him, i finally got a real tracking number yesterday. I should be receiving it tomorrow. To be honest, i will rather chew on my left testicle than go through all that again. Needless to say, i will not be doing business with him EVER again.

Wow ... this is pretty bad. My experience a few years ago was night and day. I got responses to my email and phone calls to Oleg. Didn't have any issues with shipping .... I even sent them my failed Spec stage 3+ and it was shipped back in a timely manor.

Could this just be a case of a small company growing faster then it can keep up with?

Wow ... this is pretty bad. My experience a few years ago was night and day. I got responses to my email and phone calls to Oleg. Didn't have any issues with shipping .... I even sent them my failed Spec stage 3+ and it was shipped back in a timely manor.

Could this just be a case of a small company growing faster then it can keep up with?

I dunno man. But i know this much; If he keeps this up, that potential growth will become a steep decline. He forgets that internet word of mouth can make or break an aftermarket carparts company.

Oleg finally emailed me on Thursday. All he said was that he would call me Friday to sort this out. He never called, so I called him. No answer or response. I then emailed him saying that I am still waiting for his call. I got nothing in return. I wish there was another company with a product that is good as theirs. At the same time no matter how good the product is, their lack of customer service is ridiculous. I've worked in management and customer service for several years and I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company. I am about to cancel my order all together if this is not solved by Monday.

Oleg finally emailed me on Thursday. All he said was that he would call me Friday to sort this out. He never called, so I called him. No answer or response. I then emailed him saying that I am still waiting for his call. I got nothing in return. I wish there was another company with a product that is good as theirs. At the same time no matter how good the product is, their lack of customer service is ridiculous. I've worked in management and customer service for several years and I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company. I am about to cancel my order all together if this is not solved by Monday.

Sounds about right. I received my kit yesterday. It really does look well built. And it's a shame their customer service is nowhere on par with the product. Try calling later in the evening. Both times i caught him, it was around early nighttime. My advice to you is to weigh the options. Other than spec, they're the only tested n tried perf clutch. If you cancelled it, you would have to go with other ones. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. For all we know they might be better than clutchnet...

DSC_0225_zps69e8b2c5.jpg

.... i really like the look of that friction plate.

I might order one now and put it by for next time i do my clutch ......grief avoided .....G.

.... i really like the look of that friction plate.

I might order one now and put it by for next time i do my clutch ......grief avoided .....G.

Yeah i do also. Can't wait to see how it feels. And yes, ordering one might be a good idea because history has indicated that it will take a month or two at least before you finally get it.

yeah i would say i had a good experience with him. the story here sounds like the stuff i cant tolerate anymore tho.

thats a stage 3 organic there? i like the organic feel, im using one now its been in for going on 2 years but its the one from the groupbuy, not a high hp clutch. for that i use kevlar like a clutchmasters. they advertise "extended wear" or something like that for endurance. when i asked him about those 6 puck clutches he said only a year is expected out of them which is crazy.

yeah i would say i had a good experience with him. the story here sounds like the stuff i cant tolerate anymore tho.

thats a stage 3 organic there? i like the organic feel, im using one now its been in for going on 2 years but its the one from the groupbuy, not a high hp clutch. for that i use kevlar like a clutchmasters. they advertise "extended wear" or something like that for endurance. when i asked him about those 6 puck clutches he said only a year is expected out of them which is crazy.

He told me different. Besides, i can guarantee that almost all of us who have these clutches don't daily drive the cars they're on. So in other words, they will last longer than a year.

Clutchnet was great for me. I wasn't able to catch Oleg on the phone so I emailed him and he called me later that day around 5. Talked about my options and received my clutch in about 2 and a half weeks. He's the only one answering the phones and I believe its just a small shop, so some patience is needed when dealing with them... Its still sitting on my desk, along with a pile of other parts for the 3L.

I will say that Oleg did make up for some of the negative experience in the end. When he did finally call me, he apologized for the trouble and explained that the pressure plate had been on backorder, and he should have contacted me earlier to inform me. On top of that he upgraded me from the basic clutch to the stage 2 for no charge and covered next day air shipping on my clutch kit and flywheel once he had the parts in. All in all it was a lot of hassle, but he did what he could to make up for it. That added to the quality of the product makes it worth the purchase.

Back