• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Harness????

Olaftakarov

New CEG'er
Hello all!

I have a 1998 SVT with the production date of 09/97. My engine harness is bad and I have been unable to find one. The model number is F7RZ-12A581-AA. I have found a harness with the model number F8RZ-12A581_AA. I know that these were used on SVT's produced in June of 1998. Can anyone tell me what is different about the two that the part number changed? I have contacted Ford directly to no avail. I am sure someone out there has had the same issue as this is a common problem with the SVT's. If I can't find a harness I will have to scrap this car and I don't want to do that.

Thanks!

Hello all!

I have a 1998 SVT with the production date of 09/97. My engine harness is bad and I have been unable to find one. The model number is F7RZ-12A581-AA. I have found a harness with the model number F8RZ-12A581_AA. I know that these were used on SVT's produced in June of 1998. Can anyone tell me what is different about the two that the part number changed? I have contacted Ford directly to no avail. I am sure someone out there has had the same issue as this is a common problem with the SVT's. If I can't find a harness I will have to scrap this car and I don't want to do that.

Thanks!
Mine was built on 6/4/97 and the part number is F7RZ-12A581-AA. From what i understand thats when they changed over to a return-less fuel system.
I work at a ford dealer and after much harassment of the parts manager he looked it up for me using my VIN.

Back