• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2014 Fall Dragon Run dates announced... October 9-12

Sorry about that... I just noticed that the page is viewable by invitation only. :-( let me know your facebook name and I'll add you to the invitation list.

Jim, Adam, and Justin, I just asked Ken Miller to invite you to the event thread on Facebook. Let me know if you don't get anything in the next few days. Gulfcat, I also asked Ken to come to this thread to look for others like yourself that have expressed interest.

I unfortunately will not be able to attend this year after all. I need to go to Indianapolis for a car show and stereo competition the weekend before and to Nashville, TN. the weekend after the Tail of the Dragon trip for the Car Audio National Championships. I don't think I can make 2 trips to Tennessee in back to back weekends that each require 2 days off work.

Update: Ken added me as a host so I could invite you. Justin, you were already on there as going so I could not add you again. Gulfcat, you are not on my facebook friends list, so I could not add you.

Sorry I haven't posted in here, lots of time went by and NO real interest and on a whim I posted in BluFuz's thread about Nashville and it picked up some steam.

I see we've got a couple guys and gals from the CEG making it down, Gulfcat and JKYoder to name a few and I got an email from another guy looking to come out with his wife but haven't heard back from him yet but he sounded real interested in going and how could you not!

Not sure if The Dragon Pitt Inn in Marysville TN is booked full yet but if I had to guess I bet it is because its so close to fall now but there are a number of other places to stay, some close by while others are on the other side of the Skyway, namely Caney Creek Village in TN, namely Tellico Plians TN. I know there's another place near Caney Creek as well, near the Shell station in town, so you've got a few options this late even.

Its only 16 more days, 2 weeks and 2 days, that's it!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

You have a link to the other forum where this is posted up? Curious to see if I can pay for some floor space at the hotel because it's booked full it seems.

You have a link to the other forum where this is posted up? Curious to see if I can pay for some floor space at the hotel because it's booked full it seems.

Have you called Caney Creek Village, ask for Dixie. Caney Creek, when taking the back way in, is only about 30 mins from the Dragon Pitt Inn. Its basically 72 to 411, turn left to route 360, make a left and on into Tellico Plains, nice ride on 360, its one of those roads that noone talks about but is a great road itself. If you stay there we can meet up at the Town Square restaraunt on Friday morning, its where we're having breakfast that day and then heading out for the whole day afterwards. Basically leaving Tellico Plains and getting on the Skyway to Moonshiners and down to Bridal Veil Falls and then back up towards the Dragon, stopping for lunch somewhere along the way.

Keep us posted SVO.

keep-calm-only-15-days-to-go.png

I don't think anyone is staying over by Tellico Plains. There is a big group staying between Townsend and Pigeon Forge, so staying to the east like that may make more sense than staying to the west in Tellico Plains. I would have been staying in Pigeon Forge myself as I usually do for this gathering.

I'm glad we've got JKYoder coming out with us on Saturday, finally, a Contour makes it out with us once again!

Where are y'all staying? I am 2.5 hours away so I can definity make it short notice

Where are y'all staying? I am 2.5 hours away so I can definity make it short notice

The Dragon Pitt Inn, basically the intersection of 129 and 72, about 10 miles from the end of the Dragon, where the clearing is by that lake.

Those of us travelling down will be there at various times on Thursday, I'm sure my buddy Derek and I will be there first. Once there we'll check in, probably wash the cars on the spot and afterwards get some BBQ from Dennis as he operates a food stand at this place too! The rest of our group is staying about 45 miles away as they have their wives with them and needed more room I guess.

Friday we'll be out all day, leaving early (6 a.m.) to take the Dragon to the Skyway and on into Tellico Plains to have breakfast at the Town Square restaraunt. If its too early to rise you can take the short cut to Tellico Plains (72 to 411 to route 360 and on into Tellico) Once done with breakfast we'll gas up at the Cherahola Market and get back on the Skyway and take that to Moonshiners and down to Bridal Veil Falls. From there we'll head back towards the Dragon and back to The Dragon Pitt Inn and get some dinner. Later that night we'll hit the Dragon for our yearly night run!

Saturday I'd like to get the group out to the Devil's Triangle to meet up with the other half of our group and run that road but beware, its pretty intense and you've gotta pay even more attention out there!

Back