• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to buy new clutch?

casper

CEG'er
I've done a lot of searching and I can't seem to find any info. Where is the best place to get a new clutch from for the CSVT? I see Rock auto has a LUK clutch, but is that one any good? If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

The only reason to buy the LuK 07-137 is to burn it. Stay far away from it. I think the Sachs clutch can hold the svt power. And is proven to be reliable.

The only reason to buy the LuK 07-137 is to burn it. Stay far away from it. I think the Sachs clutch can hold the svt power. And is proven to be reliable.

I find it interesting that you say this. Sach never provided the OEM clutch for the SVT, so I am not even aware if they make one. Luk was the oem supplier and most have had good luck using them.

Yes, but apparently the 07-137 isn't the same as the svt one you get from Ford. I know there have been a lot of failures of the 07-137 falling apart after 5-15k.

I actually bought one before deciding to put my clutch net disk in. The rivet size on the 07-137 is a joke.

Brapple yes they are garbage. 5K mine came out. Was already failing.... Stay away from the Luk. Not to mention they feel like jello.

60,000 miles of hard driving and autocross on my LuK SVT clutch that I bought from Team Ford about 5 years ago. No issues.

My understanding was that the LuK clutches you buy today from aftermarket retailers are just equivalent to the regular non-SVT Duratec clutches, and there's no differentiation anymore. The only place you can get an honest-to-God SVT OEM clutch is from Ford - who doesn't carry them anymore. That said, it would probably be a good idea to call around (maybe have Steve at Tasca research it for you, and see if he can find any).

Also, Brian, maybe you can answer this. Are the SVT and non-SVT clutch discs different in any way? Is the friction surface of the disc different, or the hub springs? Or is the difference between the two only lie in the pressure plate?

Also, Brian, maybe you can answer this. Are the SVT and non-SVT clutch discs different in any way? Is the friction surface of the disc different, or the hub springs? Or is the difference between the two only lie in the pressure plate?

I can not say anything specific about the friction material, iirc they are the same. The pressure plates are different as are the number of springs in the clutch disk.

I posted photos in this thread. If they are no longer there please let me know and I will restore them.

Has anyone used Ralco RZ stage 2 clutch kit or Aluminum Flywheel? I just started getting some noise from my clutch last weekend, and I will be replacing the clutch and flywheel soon. From what I have found so far they seem to be rated well. Anyone have any input on quality or known issues?

The csvt I just bought had a LUK clutch. It was installed 5k miles ago and slipped all the way home a few states away. I got to drive the car 1 time at home (not even rough) before it burned up completely and I had a gearbox full of neutral. I bought a clutchnet stage 3 clutch. Took 2 months to get to me but it finally arrived wednesday. It's going into the car tuesday. Ill try to remember to let you know how it goes after I break it in.

Back