• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So who here has the fastest csvt?

Not Brian

CEG'er
I see the banner up top and can't help to think, with all those body kits surely they're fast cars... right? What are some of the fastest 1/4 mile times around here? Highest horsepower and setups used?

We generally don't bother with quarter-mile stuff.

Ask that question on a Miata forum and see what you get. Similar results...

These cars are not fast, they are quick at what they are able to be. If you want fast cars...eh try a mustang or better. Like with every car, the more money dumped in it perhaps more power but it all comes at a price (fixing or totaling it). And with that i'd rather see this thread closed, this has been asked a million and half times.

...And with that i'd rather see this thread closed, this has been asked a million and half times.

So? Numerous other questions have been asked a million times as well. And those weren't closed. Not trying to start anything here, but the O.P's a noob. Let it play out. At worst we start quarelling like little girls who has the fastest tour. You know why that won't happen? The fastest tours on here are owned by the older & more mature members. We know better. That said, mine's the fastest:D

We generally don't bother with quarter-mile stuff.

Ask that question on a Miata forum and see what you get. Similar results...
So nobody has ever in the history of Contours made a fast one? There are plenty of boosted/5.0-swapped Miatas out there running single digits, you're comparing apples to oranges.
These cars are not fast, they are quick at what they are able to be. If you want fast cars...eh try a mustang or better. Like with every car, the more money dumped in it perhaps more power but it all comes at a price (fixing or totaling it). And with that i'd rather see this thread closed, this has been asked a million and half times.
Re-read my post, I'm not asking what car I should buy to go fast.. already been there and done that. I'm asking if anyone here has built a fast one. It's a simple question.

DemonSVT has/had a 13.2 1/4 3.0L N/A, ( have not seen him post in years ).

Most of the Turbo/Supercharged CSVTs are quick, not fast.

So nobody has ever in the history of Contours made a fast one? There are plenty of boosted/5.0-swapped Miatas out there running single digits, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Sure; there are always exceptions. But seriously - taking a front-drive sedan like that to a drag strip is like taking your racing greyhound to a dogfighting pit and expecting the pit bulls not to kill it. Wrong arena.

But yeah; low 13's all-motor with a swap is an EXCEPTIONAL slip. Mid-14's with the stock 2.5 is a very good slip, too. You just can't get the launch power to go down through the front wheels. And since successful drag racing is almost all in the launch, you're boned from the start.

I think csvt#49 will have the most hp if he ever gets done with it :laugh: If he can get traction I think he will win the fastest csvt award.

These cars shine in mid gears, and trap decent, but they are not e.t. cars by far. Been many near or over 400hp, but cv axle's and clutch's never let us keep the power down for long.

DemonSVT has/had a 13.2 1/4 3.0L N/A, ( have not seen him post in years ).

Most of the Turbo/Supercharged CSVTs are quick, not fast.

Fast, not quick.

30-100 in these cars (those of us who have turbo'd ones) is pretty impressive. 0-30 is not so impressive

The best part about having a turbo Contour? On ramps...

Sure; there are always exceptions. But seriously - taking a front-drive sedan like that to a drag strip is like taking your racing greyhound to a dogfighting pit and expecting the pit bulls not to kill it. Wrong arena...
Very well said man.

...Most of the Turbo/Supercharged CSVTs are quick, not fast.

ALL. Not most. Until any cracks the sub 13.0 mark, we're all quick, not fast.
I think csvt#49 will have the most hp if he ever gets done with it :laugh: If he can get traction I think he will win the fastest csvt award.

BIG IF right there.
So are there no companies out there with supporting mods?
No. Not enough to get it brutally fast anyway.

I wouldn't say the best part. More like a huge part.

Fast, not quick.

30-100 in these cars (those of us who have turbo'd ones) is pretty impressive. 0-30 is not so impressive

Either that or you can say the worst part about having a turbo contour; Its always on ramps, as opposed to the road lol

The reason no one has hit 12's, is because no one has REALLY tried to. Quite a few full weight and stripped out SHO's have gone 12's (with stock axles none the less). There is no reason the already inherently lighter, CSVT can't. Hell, I was launching my car at idle and damn near wen't 12's.

-Sam

Back