• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

#0259 New Intake Parts

nasty1

CEG'er
I finished up a big chunk of work on the intake side of my CSVT this past weekend. Thought a pics post would be a good way to share.

My whole goal with the car is to keep the upgrades subtle visually so that it feels like a track version from the factory. With this in mind I worked on the intake side of the engine for the first time since the 3L was dropped in. I upgraded/changed to:

- 2000 UIM
- Optimized Throttle Body (done by PRT)
- Stock Accordion Tube
- 2000 MAF (plastic version)
- Pudmonkie Heatshield
- KKM Intake (adapter and filter)
- Motorcraft Wires
- CF IMRC Cover

The UIM, TB, MAF adapter and heatshield were all powder coated satin black by DFW Coating. I'm really happy with the end result. The car doesn't feel that much different performance wise, but the cleaner visuals make me much happier.

i9Uz0d2.png

Drool. Getting my billet oil cap from powder coating soon. Lollipop blue will really pop against the CF.
b8i7oXV.png

Here is the before pic. Parts removed included the crap ebay intake tube, old dirty K&N filter and red Ford Racing wires.
RD0xara.png

The car is at Dallas Mustang (they service Mustangs, the dyno is a dynojet - confusing) for a tune so I hope to share some numbers for the first time this evening. I'll link to the dyno post from here.

This is my blue one...jollypop blue, it looked more purple before i installed it, but to me, seems more blue depending on how the light hits it. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back