• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2014?

I like the NECO group and I appreciate them taking us under their wing this year, but I would be thrilled to see Spring Zing come back to CEG!

Whoa whoa whoa, its too early! :shocked:
There also needs to be more than 6 CSVT's!

Obviously I'm from the NECO side of things, so I would love to see the events stay combined in the future as I'm a huge Contour fan and think combining our resources benefits both groups. The NECO guys loved having you guys involved and attending, it added something to this year's event having the Contours with us (even if there were only 6 of them).

I don't know how the NECO guys feel about this overall, but let me just spew my opinion at the wall and see what sticks.

I personally am not stuck in the July routine, as this was my first ZingFest, so I personally don't see why one of you guys couldn't put together something in a reasonable part of the country (i.e. not in an extreme in any particular direction) for a May/June timeframe (when was SpringZing in the past?) and try to get the NECO guys to join you guys for a year. Again, just thinking out loud, but maybe alternate who gets the event each year. CEG does a joint event in the May-ish timeframe, then the following year the NECO guys put on one in the July timeframe, then back to May, etc. This keeps it from seeming like one side is "taking over" the other, and keeps the traditions of each event alive and well. This also lets the major players on each side get some "rest" from trying to find locations/put on the event (Jaged did a GREAT job this year, but it was also a LOT of work from what I understand and he shouldn't be pressured to do it all over again next year). To that same note, if someone from the CEG side wants to put together the event next year still in the July timeframe, you have a very good likelyhood of the NECO guys getting on board and attending another combined event.

IMO, splitting the events apart again just isn't what we should do right now. Both groups are getting smaller and smaller. We combined this year and barely had 30 vehicles take part. Having two separate events for groups that have so much in common would just divide people as many of us just don't have the ability to do two separate events each year. I'm from the Cougar side, but LOVE the Contour's and combining the events increases the likelihood of me pulling the strings needed to get to the event, as opposed to just going to a Cougar-only event or a Contour-only event.

I'm OK with combining it moving forward as it brings more people together... can you imagine a SZ event with 7 cars :shrug: Maybe meet somewhere in the middle and have the event in June rather than in May or July.

We've tried moving the event around but have had mixed results. I've always pushed for something more centralized to try and bring people in from the west coast, but it has never really worked out. The majority of the people that attend come from the MN, WI, MI, OH area, which has always put it in that region. However it all comes down to who is willing to plan the event and take the reigns. We should probably have another proposal thread with voting to see what CEG/NECO wants to do.

I'm always up for Wisconsin Dells, WI - waterpark capitol of the world!

Personally I'd like to see the events kept separate. We did SZ Lite in 2012, we did have a smaller group, but we still had a blast! I felt SZ lost it's identity a bit this year when we combined. I'm not saying that SZ/CF wasn't a blast because it was, just wasn't SZ to me.

Where will sz be held next year? And how much does it usually cost to travel? sorry For the noob ish questions.

cost is different for everybody. If you split a room with 3 other people, if you carpool, if you don't participate in the events that cost $$ you could get away pretty cheap.

Choose to have your own room, pay for track time, eat out at a decent restaurant, get real drunk and have your ride leave without you and have to take a train home costs are going to add up

Personally I'd like to see the events kept separate. We did SZ Lite in 2012, we did have a smaller group, but we still had a blast! I felt SZ lost it's identity a bit this year when we combined. I'm not saying that SZ/CF wasn't a blast because it was, just wasn't SZ to me.

How many people did you have for SZ Lite? Is it possible it lost its identity because the proportion was so heavily weighted towards Cougar's? If there were 20 Contiques there instead of 6, do you think it would regain some of that identity?

If they are separate I wont be able to make it to both, period. And I have both a Contour and a Cougar. So it would be pretty great to see them all in one place. I wanted to go this year but it just didn't work out. So, I am really hoping to make it this next year.

Back