• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

gunmetal hightower with eyebrow!!

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
well i finally hightowered my headlights today i like the look what do you thing and don't mind the se grill its just temporary until i get my mesh :cool:
o and sorry the car is dirty :laugh:
IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

thanks :cool: i also had a lot of sanding to do because they were starting to haze out a lil but now they look like new and now my car looks pretty mean :laugh:...............:mad:

that is BAD ASS!!! makes me want to black house my headlights right now but I just bought some new ones and dont wanna ???? them up just yet. *pulls out old lights to practice*

Oh, thanks about the eyebrow though what kind of paint do you use? And is there a kit or technique to get the eyebrow perfect or just a steady hand?

i rattle canned it with ......i think it was duplicolor T178..... and all you have to do is let the lines in the lens guide you but make sure you mask off the rest of the lens. I also did them from both inside and out but im pretty sure you can do it just on the outside......

Very nice!!!
How bad was the hazing? and can you tell me what sandpaper you used.. im going to head to the wreckers and pick up a pair of lights but atleast if i know what kinda grit to work with i can get them to look like that.. thanks bro.

well they were pretty hazed and I bough an assortment pack that starts off with 350 and ends in 800 and then bought two other packs one with 1500 grit and the other was 2000......worked out nicely after that I used 3m rubbing compound and buffed it off pretty good then meguiar's plastic x to finish it all off....

Back