• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Yep, another 'upgrade'.....

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
Got this polished BAER kit off craigslist with a pile of other NOS parts I bought. Sitting in a box for over 10 years and finally seeing the light of day. Probably one of few polished caliper kits around on a Contour.

947044_10152855324685394_1556380481_n.jpg

397400_10152855334685394_112667880_n.jpg

Yup the polish looks fantastic with the wheels... but I don't know powder coat has so many options...

dscf0541.jpg

a perfect reason why to spend half an hour a day, sitting next to a car - and trying to polish the brake dust out of the calipers :laugh:

love the polished look :cool:

I hear ya Mike. Anyone can powder coat a caliper any color and get a great fantastic look. BUT, when someone hands you a fully polished, brand new, super shiney caliper for 13" brake kit, you would put it on too! :laugh:

I had the powder coated calipers too. Eggplant caliper body and yellow bracket:
newpics043.jpg

newpics044.jpg

mmm Polished is the way to go. The bracket powder coating ended up chipping away but Im going to re powder coat it soon :D I had this guy on years back! Amazing find tho. Most people dont go through the time or even pay for polishing. I really like the decision to spend a couple extra bucks on it.

Thanks dudes. The polished calipers were a lot more expensive from BAER than the standard ones. I think it was over $200 to order them polished.

I think they only charged me like $50 per caliper to have them polished....... Ehh either way I love them. Not everyone has Baers, let alone polished ones!

The BAER's are the exact caliper as the mustang Cobra PBR. In fact, I have got them twice now when I've ordered Calipers from Advance Auto (One was stamped Cobra, the other BAER).

Very nice either way!

-Sam

The BAER's are the exact caliper as the mustang Cobra PBR. In fact, I have got them twice now when I've ordered Calipers from Advance Auto (One was stamped Cobra, the other BAER).

Very nice either way!

-Sam

Yeah, most of us know the PBR caliper is from the mustang and the COBRA or BAER ones are exactly the same. It's the caliper brackets and relocation brackets that are different. They even use mustang 5 lug rotors and have them re-drilled with 4x108 and use hubcentric rings.

Yeah, most of us know the PBR caliper is from the mustang and the COBRA or BAER ones are exactly the same. It's the caliper brackets and relocation brackets that are different. They even use mustang 5 lug rotors and have them re-drilled with 4x108 and use hubcentric rings.

On the SHO we just have to re-drill the rotors (Actually, I just elongate one of the holes) for the 5x108 pattern and use the mustang brackets (assuming you are using a 94+ Taurus knuckle). It's pretty convenient. =)

My BAER kit with Joe's powdercoating touches. I almost went for the polished calipers when I grabbed my kit but it was a little more than I wanted to spend at the time.

SANY0420Medium_zps3f64f3a2.jpg~original

kinda hard to see but Joe did my kit aswell. Chrome calipers with black chrome brackets.

EDIT: Found an old ass pic

Back