• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Constant Moosing

snarf24

CEG'er
So I am not sure whats going on here. I tried the moosing trick with the copper pipe end and it seemed to work for a while then it just quit working. I am having a constant moosing while shifting 1st-5th and then when I get into 5th gear say around 55-60 MPH it just starts doing it. I have to rev the engine for it to quit. When I got home today I popped open the hood with the car running and was playing with the throttle , I rev'd the engine and the moosing sound started. I could feel the vibration in the hose, I rev'd the car again & it stopped but as soon as the engine's rpm's came down it almost died, jumped back up, almost died again and then just went right back to normal. Anyone else ever have this problem?

I don't have a full 3L but a port matched 3L. I took off the IAC yesterday and cleaned it out, also cleaned the TB. Seems to have stopped the moosing but now the car's RPM's are all over the place while in neutral ( 500-1500). Err! These cars are so darn fun :)!

I didn't say you had a full 3L, so ?

:confused:

If your RPM is all over the place then you probably have a vac leak somewhere OR your MAF sensor is bad/damaged/dirty.

Back