• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OBX HEAders, missing an o2 bung?

Kresnik

CEG'er
Heya everyone! I recent purchased some OBX headers from eBay, and it appears as if I am missing an O2 Bung. The one that's missing is the down-stream for the front header. Has anyone found this issue before? If so, what did you do to work around it?

Has anyone tried tapping the signal from the rear down-stream o2 sensor to provide a signal to the ECU for both? Or, are my only options to have a bung welded in or get a tune to eliminate them?

~Kresnik

The OBX headers are copies of the old Weapon-R headers (in fact, they might actually BE Weapon-R headers that Weapon-R was legally ordered to stop selling so they liquidated them). The Weapon-R headers were designed for 01-02 Cougars, which do not have lower cat monitors on each bank (they only used one cat monitor, behind the main catalyst under the car).

Time to break out the welder.

i have a set of weaponR's on mine and have all 4 bungs. infact, the upper bung on the front of the motor is in a poor spot, puts the sensor up against the fan shrouds.

...the upper bung on the front of the motor is in a poor spot, puts the sensor up against the fan shrouds.

It's why we always referred to them as Weapon R(ice). It's a good thing they were stainless, or there would be no reason to ever buy them.

Although I currently have their Y-pipe on my Roush; though fitment is not ideal, the design is better than MSDS's.

If you are using MIL eliminators you dont need the lower O2 sensor to be in the header. you can just tie it up out of the way.

you either have a bad O2 sensor or it is connected wrong. My lower O2 sensors have not been in the exhaust system for 7 years now. they are connected to the Mil eliminator and tied up. No Cel

i dont have any mil eliminators mine are shut off with my tune. they still search for the heater circuit unless you put a mil eliminator on the heater circuit as well. i have a tune that shuts the heaters off but it makes the car act funny when its super cold in the winter so i run the tune with the heaters

has anyone used a set of these headers long enough for a good review on the finish after time, any fitment issues other than the bung? Any cracking over time?

Back