• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords meet 4/21/13

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
It is less than 10 weeks away now. Sunday April 21 will be the 4th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords meet in Peoria.

Last year was huge, and this year will be even bigger. This meet involves caravans of performance Ford vehicles from Chicagoland, St. Louis, Springfield, and elsewhere.

Last year the caravan from Chicago had about 60 cars in it. This year they are shooting for 100. They meet in the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot on Boughton Rd and 355 in Bolingbrook. Bolingbrook PD blocks the road for them all to pull out onto the road and get right on 355. Works out well. I can post a link to the thread on CMC when they get the details available, or you can check out their forums for yourself.

The St. Louis caravan last year was limited by rain in southern Illinois, so they only had 20-25 make the trip through the rain.

I will be at this for the third year (year one was basically only for Mustang Terminators).

Who will be joining?

For those on Facebook, here is the event posting... https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/359075090828731/

All SVTs and Performance Fords are welcome. It does not have to be a show car.

Anyone else interested in coming? Midwest Mobil Dyno will be there to set up at 9am. We are not responsible for a single dime as he is assuming all of the risk in coming to the show. He is going to offer two pulls for $75 and possibly a third if he feels like it is needed. So, if anyone is looking for some dyno time here is your chance.

5 weeks away...

There will be a mobile dyno on site this year, $75 for two pulls. Also hooters will be setting up a couple grills outside and serving food and beverages. Chicagoland mustang club is expecting to bring over 100 alone this year. Trying to get the St Louis caravan back up to where it was a couple years ago with 50+. The rain in southern Illinois kept their participation down the last 2 years. There have also been responses from Wisconsin and Indiana that I have seen. I am trying to get my boss to bring his 69 Boss 302 that he takes vintage racing.

Should be huge...

Here is a pic from last year. My car is by the blue chairs at the bottom of the picture

IMG_3468.jpg

2 weeks away now. Weather is getting nicer.

Why is there such a deafening silence for this meet? A couple years ago the interest was very high from this group, but the weather did not cooperate.

Why is there such a deafening silence for this meet? A couple years ago the interest was very high from this group, but the weather did not cooperate.

Too far for me, sounds like fun though.

I would love of make it, but the boys make it tricky to commit to anything that's too far since you never know what kind of mood they'll be in.

Well, unless they decide to move the meet, it probably won't happen Sunday at Hooters. The Illinois River is forecast to be at a record flood level sometime Sunday as it climbs to a peak on Tuesday. The parking lot at Hooters will likely be under water. I'll post updates here as I know them.

The event location has been changed to The Shoppes At Grand Prairie Mall. 5201 west war memorial drive 61615. We will have a large section roped off between Dicks Sporting Goods and Bergners. No charge to anyone and dyno will still be there.

This location has several restaurants/pubs close by, including Tilted Kilt, Jillians, Buffalo Wild Wings, Old Chicago, and Famous Daves. This is actually a good move.

Back