• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Escape Injectors vs. Taurus Injectors

TennTechMan

CEG'er
Is there any difference between the Taurus 3L injectors and Escape 3L injectors?

In this particular case, I've got both 2004 Taurus injectors (black in color) and 2003 Escape injectors (white in color). Electrical connections on both seem to be the same as the harness I'm using fits both.

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know they are the same. Fordparts.com shows the same current part number for the 03 Escape and the 04 Taurus. The same part number also works on the 06 Escape which is the engine I used in my swap. I did some digging about injectors and found some of my notes about the injectors, they should all work the same and be 24lb as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the info. I was worried initially, knowing that Ford had used injector color as one of the identifiers of a certain injector.

Are your injectors white or black?

My injectors are black. The different colors threw me off too, when I was finishing up my build I wanted to verify which injectors I had so I did a little searching.

The part number on the white injectors does not match the part number on the black injectors. The question is, which injectors/rail to use in the Lemons car. I've got a set of both laying around. Since I've already got the black Taurus injectors in my red 3L SVTC, I'm just going to use those in this as well.

Back