• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

SHOspazz92

CEG'er
I see this on nearly every other car forum I'm on, so why not here? So.... What did you do to your Contour today?

Today, I installed a stereo system back in my 98. I fixed a Exhaust leak and put in all the missing interior trim pieces.

However, I am most proud of what I invented today....a way to remove your fog lights without even getting under the car! You too can do this yourself in only 6 easy steps.

Step 1: Pull out on to a street, look both ways and see if any traffic is coming.
Step 2: Since traffic is clear, Go WOT and enjoy taking your Contour to 6500+ RPM in 1st gear.
Step 3: Shift in to second gear relatively hard. You don't need to slam gears but just hard enough for it to be a quick shift.
Step 4: Hear a TERRIBLE "BANG! CRASH! CRUNCH" and think that you just blew your contour up.
Step 5: Pull over, only to find that your fog-light has fell out of the car and you have ran over it.
Step 6: Relish in the fact that you just ruined a perfectly good foglght, but did it in a relatively trouble/damage free , spectacular way!

So, What did you do?

-Sam

I sold a door panel off my parts car and talked about getting my dd svt aligned, new tires installed and inspected.

FYI let me know I'd you need a set of good fogs with brackets I have three sets.

Hahaha, that sucks!

I just got inside from putting on another drivers side front knuckle. :eek: :nonono:

Last step before the new front tires and alignment coming this Friday.

Thanks for the parts solo92s10, got them this morning ;)

I'm in the process of painting my headlight housing...don't wanna call it hightowering lol ;) cant wait to see it in my black beauty

Alternator wire shorted on manifold thus melting the maga fuse and the entire casing. Had alternator tested and she did great. Bought a starter/alternator cable to replace it, scavinged around the jy most of the afternoon to find a mega fuse and holder. Wrapped cable in cool tape to assist with protection. Now popping fuse #9 twice so far...

I mated the trans and engine together, ran both wiring harnesses, installed UIM/LIM, mounts, coolant hoses, cleaned and painted engine bay, and moved everything into position to put back in the car tomorrow.

I've Been re installing my engine and trans all day after my new clutch came in. And doing the big three on the electrical. Hopes this fixes the flickering lights issues.
There is a rewire for the flickering light issue that is quite simple.

As far as work on my contour there was none of that today it's the weekend I worked on drinking beer!

I actually was able to wash mine. First time in a month. It wasn't too dirty, just a bunch of greasy hand prints where the springs and struts were changed out. I need to get some pics out in the sun today. That will be the first time I've seen it outside since it was dropped. Before anyone says anything, I washed it in the garage.

Hooked up my AUX cable for the stereo. Someone snapped off the antenna (before I got it) so I only get a few channels. I usually only listen to slacker radio anyways. I need to get to the pick and pull to find an antenna.

Continued working had to pull entire harness to find a spot that was burnt. Well three wires melted..... Wrapped and started. Only bad I think the vss wire is shot.

Back