• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #4882 goes port matched 3l

Detailed

1 BIG CAT
So after a few trips to the drag strip and multiple weekends at Woodward the 2.5l in svt #4882 decided it was time to spin a bearing at the end of summer 2012. I picked up a 04 Taurus motor with about 60k from fogarty,john that had been port matched. After I picked up the motor it has been pretty much collecting dust in my garage as I have been collecting parts for it. Well today I decided to get off my lazy a** and get this project moving lol the 2.5l should be completely out and broke down tomorrow and I am hopeing to have the 3l prepped and ready to go in the car some time Saturday.

The 3l currently has silver valve covers and a blue U.I.M I plan to change both of these back to black so it appears to be a stock SVT motor:cool:

This is what my build sheet looks like so far
-04 Taurus 3l (ported 3l heads,3l cams)
-SVT L.I.M
-SVT U.I.M
-SVT oil cooler
-#24 injectors
-MSDS Headers
-Unorthadox racing crank pulley
-Spec aluminum flywheel
-Spec stage1 clutch
-A.c pulley bypass
-Magnacore wires
-B.a.t intake pipe with open 4"spectre Cone filter
-Energy suspension front fount insert
-Torsen T-2 LSD
-updated shift tower
-Resonator and cat removed
-e.g.r removed
-Apexi s-afc2

Other random mods
-Subframe connectors
-Rear strut tower brace
-Steeda short throw

Thats every thing off the top of my head if think of any other mods I will update the list as the build goes on. I'm sorry guys but I doubt I will be able to upload many pictures as the build goes on due to my crappy phone but hopefully I can get a few. I do know one thing for sure I can't wait to drive this thing again!

Get this thing going already man. Hope it all works out for you can't wait to see it at Woodward. Should be a monster man that motor ran awesome in the blue svt I parted out.

Back