• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Beware Saab 9-3's....tuned!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
KlasseAct
[/URL][/IMG]

This was taken on 2/21/09 which explains the stock, winter wheels but there's no arguing the numbers which were 186 hp and 260 ft/lbs of torque! This dyno is at Speed Industries in Troy Michigan and its called the "Heartbreaker" due to its current set up, so if your looking for a "pissing contest", this isn't your dyno. His car has the 2.0L turbo w/ D.I. and has a full BSR package on it (cat-back, CAI and hand held tuner) The car is an automatic due to the fact that he couldn't find a stick at the time he bought it and ofcoarse, sticks popped up all over the place afterwards:rolleyes: The car is tastefully modded with little mods to add to its looks. Here's a pic of it in spring and summer gear!
img1239489042229.jpg

Note the exhaust tip, nice!
img1239489040750.jpg

18's with stock logo to keep that OEM look!
img1239489041551.jpg

My buddy is taking this car to the Dragon with us this year to see how its sport suspension, 18's and perf upgrades do down there and will have its brakes replaced w/SS lines before hand, duh:shrug:

Im tired of hearing this heartbreaker :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Its either accurate or they need to :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing fix it.

Amen! If you have to explain the low numbers, you're just as full of crap as the dyno!!

Mark

Mexi keeps saying "well a wrx put down 200awhp on this dyno and ran a low 12"

So..... its off by about 50-75 hp? Fix it. Stupid subaru owners.

+1, I feel like every dyno i hear about is the "heartbreaker" dyno.

That's a nice car though. Always thought they were sharp looking sedans.

For some reason those 18's look kinda small to me :shrug:. Is a multi-lug pattern also part of a stock look ;)

Im tired of hearing this heartbreaker :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Its either accurate or they need to :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing fix it.

I'm just going by what everyone calls it, that's all. I don't have a problem with my numbers and really I don't want them to adjust it because when I go back to dyno again after my current mods I want to know what I got. Everyone at xceedspeed calls it that, that's all:shrug:

I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one that finds this "heartbreaker" crap, absolutely absurd.

Everyone on Xceedspeed swings off the nuts of this crap because they think it's cool. The speed shop has done a great job getting everyone to believe that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I am SOOO glad I'm not the only one that finds this "heartbreaker" crap, absolutely absurd.

Everyone on Xceedspeed swings off the nuts of this crap because they think it's cool. The speed shop has done a great job getting everyone to believe that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

How so Pete:shrug:

I test drove an 05 and an 06 about a month ago. Both were auto's, gf is car shopping, I liked them a lot!
These were the first F/I'd cars I have ever driven.....with that said it seems like you aren't in boost for very long before it shifts to the next gear.

I test drove an 05 and an 06 about a month ago. Both were auto's, gf is car shopping, I liked them a lot!
These were the first F/I'd cars I have ever driven.....with that said it seems like you aren't in boost for very long before it shifts to the next gear.

I'm pretty sure the auto's aren't F/I, they have the N/A 2.4L:shrug: Pete, can you clear this up, I've gotta punch in a get to work!

So this shop's dyno reads low and the owner has the audacity to claim that his dyno is the rule and NOT the exception...please...

:blackeye:

I don't think he's said that, but I could be wrong. What he did say is why calibrate it now because so many people keep coming in to use and compare their previous numbers, makes sense and he also said one of the car mags comes in there to use it as well:shrug:

No way 200 AWHP will get you in the low 12's. Low 14's high 13's at best.

I think you need to clarify what you mean by your last sentence....

You want me to send you some free reading rainbow DVD's?

Dyno = wrong, fix it.

Subaru owner = stupid.

That's not to say all subaru owners are stupid, but the shop specializes in Subarus and they perpetrate the myth.

You took offense, does the truth hurt?:laugh:

Dyno = wrong, fix it.

Subaru owner = stupid.

That's not to say all subaru owners are stupid, but the shop specializes in Subarus and they perpetrate the myth.

You have free reading rainbow DVD's? I need some.

Dyno = wrong, fix it.

Subaru owner = stupid.

Yeah, you could say I took offense. That's why I asked for clarification. You worded it the way I wouldn't expect a moderator to word it. I'd expect that a moderator like yourself would have responded in a more appropriate professional manner. You just did the opposite. I digress....

Back